MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Mhm seems like i'm doing something wrong. Using Reclock and any of these dlls results in not viewable videos for me. Mostly i can see 2-20s vid then 3-10s nothing and then again 2-20s of the vid. Without reclock and standard dshowhelper everything is fine - but 24p on 50hz isn't for shure :)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys (and gals)...

So what's the consensus on best setup/dll/reclock settings for a TV that can handle everything (24, 25, 30, 50, 60)?

I'm running V10 with reclock and vsync disabled - I get stuttering.

Gonna play with V2 with no vsync (and if required other versions and vsyncs)

Thanks,

J.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Mhm seems like i'm doing something wrong. Using Reclock and any of these dlls results in not viewable videos for me. Mostly i can see 2-20s vid then 3-10s nothing and then again 2-20s of the vid. Without reclock and standard dshowhelper everything is fine - but 24p on 50hz isn't for shure :)

I use SAF 4.0 with passthrough disabled and use the recommended filter setup in MediaPortal from guide in that thread. I used to run ReClock with dll #10 from this thread and had audio dropouts but no video stutter. I then turned ReClock off and now everything (25, 23.997) I've tried runs silky smooth, perfect lip-sync etc.

My point is, try to turn ReClock off in MediaPortal and see if you get improvement.
    Emph

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I think I'll have to start and be more methodical with my testing and record each scenario. I have tried it with reclock "disabled", noticed I was getting more dropped frames, but less stuttering. I've also tried it with vsync enabled in reclock (with V4 and V10 - which both have vsync turned on) - low drops, but still stuttered.

I also run SAF4 with passthru disabled. I'm on ATI 10.3 with a ramdrive for timeshifting (antivirus set to exclude the ramdrive and MePo directories)

One thing that is fustrating is the inconsistencies - I find I can get dropped frames, do a reboot, and then I find I dont get any! Then I might use the HTPC later on and they've come back!

Might try and do some testing tomorrow with various different media formats/content.

J.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

emphatic
    1.) if i turn off reclock - why to use/install it at all?
    2.) when i turn off reclock - my problem with 24hz on 50hz can't be solved?

Can anybody who also uses reclock to run 24hz material on a 50hz display tell me how he has setup ffdshow audio and reclock? I'm using SAF 5.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

@emphatic

Can anybody who also uses reclock to run 24hz material on a 50hz display tell me how he has setup ffdshow audio and reclock? I'm using SAF 5.

Suggested basic ReClock settings attached. You also need to select ReClock as the audio renderer in MP. When it's running, click on the icon in the sys tray to see the info. Check it's correctly detecting the monitor refresh rate etc - while it's doing this the icon will flash red/green - this may take 30s first time around for each refresh rate.

I suggest you stay with the standard RC2 dshowhelper dll until you have ReClock working (steady green icon), just to avoid confusion.

Tony

Attachments

• ReClock_video.jpg
      ReClock_video.jpg
      48.5 KB
    • ReClock_audio.jpg
      ReClock_audio.jpg
      56.7 KB
    • ReClock_advanced.jpg
      ReClock_advanced.jpg
      51.6 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Owlsroost
    thanks for this - but with these settings Reclock does not connect to ffdshow audio as i use passthrough from SAF. So it seems i've to change ffdshow audio settings for 24hz - not shure if this is possible at all as i want to use passthrough for the other framerates.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

@emphatic

As you already had it installed and were "out of options" for things to try, I thought I'd suggest this, as I have NO issues with 24hz on 50hz using this setup. I know, it sounds weird, but it's not very troublesome to try.

FYI (if it helps), I'm using Windows XP MCE 2005 SP3, MediaPortal RC2 (no additional patches) NVIDIA graphics. I've also set the Refresh rate switcher in MePo to run 24hz material @ 50hz, 25hz @ 50hz and 29.97 material @ 60hz.

Emph

i use passthrough from SAF

This will render ReClock useless.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

@Owlsroost
    thanks for this - but with these settings Reclock does not connect to ffdshow audio as i use passthrough from SAF. So it seems i've to change ffdshow audio settings for 24hz - not shure if this is possible at all as i want to use passthrough for the other framerates.

Tick the 'Accept bitstream formats' box, but it won't work for 24Hz -> 25Hz and it's not recommended anyway - ReClock needs decoded (PCM) input to do resampling.

It can re-encode to AC3 if that helps - tick the 'Use AC-3 encoding' box (and turn off passthrough in FFDshow).

FFDShow has good auto-preset loading options e.g. if you added _24Hz_ to the filename of the 24Hz video files you could autoload a preset on a *_24Hz_* filename match (and you can use the FFDShow config Output -> Connect to: option to force it not to connect to ReClock for the default (non-24Hz) preset).

Tony

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Disaster,

I had to reinstall SAF4 with passthru DISABLED (I used to run it with passthru enabled).

Once reinstalled reclock was connected to ffdaudio

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom