MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (2 Viewers)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Tick the 'Accept bitstream formats' box, but it won't work for 24Hz -> 25Hz and it's not recommended anyway - ReClock needs decoded (PCM) input to do resampling.

... and don't forget to advice whenever about the time stretching option because is very important when speedup or speeddown is on to preserve the audio quality. ;)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Tick the 'Accept bitstream formats' box, but it won't work for 24Hz -> 25Hz and it's not recommended anyway - ReClock needs decoded (PCM) input to do resampling.

... and don't forget to advice whenever about the time stretching option because is very important when speedup or speeddown is on to preserve the audio quality. ;)

Yes - disable it :)

Tony

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Yes - disable it :)

Tony

AHAHAH what ??? no joke :D

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

now you've totally confused me - what do i have do disable / enable?

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

now you've totally confused me - what do i have do disable / enable?

We should talking in the reclock thread. the question is for me the time stretching for speedup in reclock is necessary to keep audio quality . for owl must be disabled.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

We should talking in the reclock thread.

Yes please....

(timestretching in ReClock involves extra re-sampling/processing of the sound which corrects the pitch but degrades the quality - more distortion/noise/resampling artifacts. The quality degradation annoys me more than the incorrect pitch, so I have timestretching off - but this is a personal preference thing....)

Tony

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yes please....

(timestretching in ReClock involves extra re-sampling/processing of the sound which corrects the pitch but degrades the quality - more distortion/noise/resampling artifacts. The quality degradation annoys me more than the incorrect pitch, so I have timestretching off - but this is a personal preference thing....)

Tony

Clear info there. Thanks.

I guess/think for me this is a non-issue. I have a set which does all video with maching refreshrates. So if there is any speedup/slowdown, it will be neglegtable. Am I right or not here?

Owlsroost,
    I tinkered a while yesterday with ReClock, SAF5.0beta and your DLL's. This is my finding:

I am (was) using SAF with SPDIF passthrough enabled. This is causing issues with the Reclock / your.dll's.
    I found uninstalling SAF and reinstalling with SPDIF passthough disabled gets rid of most issue's. Like this, Reclock was able to re-encode the stream to spdif. But it did have judders here and there in audio or video. Always one or the other.

Luckiy I am a blessed guy with a Xonar DX sound card, which is able to output any signal to dolby digital (live). I figured, if Reclock is re-encoding the sound anyways (with soundloss in theory), I might as well let my Xonar card do it for me. So now I have set Reclock or SAF to output 5.1 ch sound (analogue) and I let the soundcard do the translation to spdif. This works wonders! Reclock is able to flex the audio signal here and there if needed and the picture is stable.

Regarding your dll's
    I tried version 4, 10 and 11 with my new setup like described above.
    V10 and 11 are giving me judders like crazy. I need to FF a couple of times to get it good again for a while.
    V4 seems to give the best result.
    I will post logs with these three results if you want me to (tonight)

Kind regards.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I have a set which does all video with maching refreshrates. So if there is any speedup/slowdown, it will be neglegtable.

So, why use ReClock at all? The purpose of that application after all is match the audio clock to the video clock, and if you're video clock is set to match the video source, this has already been done. Have you tried these .dlls without ReClock as a renderer?

Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I have a set which does all video with maching refreshrates. So if there is any speedup/slowdown, it will be neglegtable.

So, why use ReClock at all? The purpose of that application after all is match the audio clock to the video clock, and if you're video clock is set to match the video source, this has already been done. Have you tried these .dlls without ReClock as a renderer?

You are still having A/V clocks drifting apart since those are provided with two different HW clocks. That is something that Reclock can correct as well by resampling the audio stream a bit.

But in any case all Reclock discussion should be happening in a separate thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom