MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (2 Viewers)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

I have a set which does all video with maching refreshrates. So if there is any speedup/slowdown, it will be neglegtable.

So, why use ReClock at all? The purpose of that application after all is match the audio clock to the video clock, and if you're video clock is set to match the video source, this has already been done. Have you tried these .dlls without ReClock as a renderer?

Emph

Yeah, Tourrettes explains it well. If the video renderer clock is 100% matching the clock of the audiorenderer there would not be a need for reclock. Aparently this is only possible in theory, and actual hardware is not keeping to that theory. I always have the occasional judder. Once every 2-5 minutes.

I tried all dll's without Reclock. Version 2, 4, 10 and 11. (Which you can find here Grubi)
Version 4 produced the best picturequallity for me. least judder in SD and good HD.
Version 10+11 produced random results. Somtimes perfect sync, mostly off from the start and needed to FF a couple of times. And after some time, judder would start again.

But I get tourettes hint. No discussion about reclock here :)

@Owlsroost: How are things coming alonge with a new improved version of dshowhelper? Do you have any news, plan or idea to tackle this further? :) (just inquiring out of interest and saying THANKS for the good work here!)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

@Owlsroost: How are things coming alonge with a new improved version of dshowhelper? Do you have any news, plan or idea to tackle this further? :) (just inquiring out of interest and saying THANKS for the good work here!)

Yes, work is continuing.....but just understanding how this stuff works and interacts isn't easy :)

Tony

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Luckiy I am a blessed guy with a Xonar DX sound card, which is able to output any signal to dolby digital (live). I figured, if Reclock is re-encoding the sound anyways (with soundloss in theory), I might as well let my Xonar card do it for me. So now I have set Reclock or SAF to output 5.1 ch sound (analogue) and I let the soundcard do the translation to spdif. This works wonders! Reclock is able to flex the audio signal here and there if needed and the picture is stable.

I've tried a similar configuration but the audio quality is not good. I think it depends from audio resampling performed by reclock.

Instead I found a good configuration to leave passthrough enabled, setting reclock to accept bitstream audio sources and be careful to play media with the correct refresh rate. The small clock adjustments performed by reclock do not cause problems of audio/video sync in this configuration and video is perfectly smooth.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Just for the records.

I have only used V 10 of the dll without reclock so far and can say that it works far better than MP RC2 with my environment.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

It could be a stupid question but i'm willing to take the risk :) Is this new dshowhelper.dll only useful for the EVR renderer and so only for Vista/Windows 7, or also for the VMR renderer of Windows XP?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

It could be a stupid question but i'm willing to take the risk :) Is this new dshowhelper.dll only useful for the EVR renderer and so only for Vista/Windows 7, or also for the VMR renderer of Windows XP?

There is very little risk involved. Just move the RC2 dshowhelper.dll to a safe place (desktop?) and extract the ones provided by Owlsroost to the Mediaportal folder. If you get issues, just move the original .dll back.

I use XP, and I think it's a great improvement (using .dll #10).
    Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

There is very little risk involved. Just move the RC2 dshowhelper.dll to a safe place (desktop?) and extract the ones provided by Owlsroost to the Mediaportal folder. If you get issues, just move the original .dll back.

I use XP, and I think it's a great improvement (using .dll #10).
    Emph

Yes, it was a risk since the are no changes for VMR9 side at all. So, a placebo effect :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Yes, it was a risk since the are no changes for VMR9 side at all. So, a placebo effect :)

Wow, I've completely missed that. I feel like an ass, alright. :oops: Pretty huge placebo effect though.
    Emph

flodav

Portal Member
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Would it be possible to have those changes compiled towards RC3 so that we can upgrade MePo ?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would it be possible to have those changes compiled towards RC3 so that we can upgrade MePo ?

My dll's should work OK with RC3 (they are based on the latest SVN code) - please test and report back :)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom