MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
AW: Re: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Hi,

I have just tried the .dll in dshowhelper_owlsroost_110510_v0010_vsync_always_dll.zip, and for me it produces a lot of stutter. The stutter seems to come and go though, a few seconds might play smoothly and the it's back to a stutter freakshow. :) I have enclosed the logs.

Also, where is this v11 people are talking about?

I have the same problem with my setup (v10, v11). As you own a Radeon 4870 (a powerful gaming card) the problem is obviously not GPU speed related as stated in the first post.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Guys, I am troubled with the same simptoms you are describing. good....freaky stutter...goood...
I just found out with live TV the stutters are TOTALLY gone when I play MP in windowed mode. Smooth as silk!! Same settings/codecs but full screen > stutters.

can any one confirm this same behaviour?

Here is v 11

[edit]
I attached two screendumps. (how do I do this in fullscreen MP?) 1 full screen with stuttering image, and one windowed with perfect image.
Using powerdvd 10 or MS windows dtv codec (same results) on the same channel (HD).

Is this issue Im seeing a new bug report thead or does it belong here?

Attachments

• windowd.jpg
    windowd.jpg
    107.3 KB
  • fullscreen.jpg
    fullscreen.jpg
    491.9 KB

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Guys, I am troubled with the same simptoms you are describing. good....freaky stutter...goood...
    I just found out with live TV the stutters are TOTALLY gone when I play MP in windowed mode. Smooth as silk!! Same settings/codecs but full screen > stutters.

Sorry but why 40 fps message info on the stuttered image?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry but why 40 fps message info on the stuttered image?

If I know the anwser to that one, my stutter issues are probably gone. :)
    Its digital hd cable. 25/50 fps. The source is in both cases 100% identical. same channel, same codec, same everything. different MP mode. windows/full screen.
    Obvously the image is good in the windowed version (it sees 50fps) but in full screen it reads <50fps. Sometimes it is 50fps, but this figure drops after 1 second and things start stuttering again. continiously or after 10 seconds its 50fps again, and the cycle continious.
    Signal strength is 87 to 95. other channels show same results with signal strength at 98.

But I dont want to hijack this thread. Does anyone see the same effect? different result in fullscreen/windows MP with these dll's?
    Could this be related or If this is a separate bug/issue, please tell me and Ill create a new thread for it.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Here is v 11

[edit]
    I attached two screendumps. (how do I do this in fullscreen MP?) 1 full screen with stuttering image, and one windowed with perfect image.
    Using powerdvd 10 or MS windows dtv codec (same results) on the same channel (HD).

My guess is that the v-sync control code causes GPU to pushed more on the limits (less time to render the frame when the target is specified). Windowed mode should be (at least in theory) less GPU resource hungry since the resolution will be smaller.

Could you test by using windowed mode, but then expanding the MP window to cover almost the whole desktop?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Here is v 11

[edit]

From the screen grabs, you are using the standard dll (my versions have more info in the render stats).

Interlaced 1920 x 1080i video to a 1920 x 1080 screen is pushing an HD4350 pretty hard, so it's dropping frames because it can't handle the load - in windowed mode the GPU has less work to do so it's smooth....

Try running with the CatalystControlCenter GPU load meter visible and check what the load is running full screen, try dropping the monitor res down to 1280 x 720 etc.

I use keyboard Alt+PrtScr to capture screen grabs to the clipboard, then paste them into Windows Paint -> save as JPEG

Tony

Hi,

I have just tried the .dll in dshowhelper_owlsroost_110510_v0010_vsync_always_dll.zip, and for me it produces a lot of stutter. The stutter seems to come and go though, a few seconds might play smoothly and the it's back to a stutter freakshow. :) I have enclosed the logs.

Also, where is this v11 people are talking about?

Try the v0004 version instead (see the first post).

Tony

cecet23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't know what happened with rc3, but now I have some stutter on xvid 1:2 and 1:1 with dll 2 and dll 4, and dll 10 don't work for me (I have a lot of stutter).. Do you need a log?
    I tried with reclock (vsync disabled) and without reclock..

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did some research.
    Owlsroost, you are right in some things. I notice a activity of the hd3450 of ~45-55% in windowed mode and once the window size is bigger it goes up to 70%. But I dont think (feeling) that this is the root of the problem.

I just found out that in 32bits color settings (with aero on) I see CPU spikes. Rond the time the stutterinterval starts.
    With 16bit color setting (aero off I think) these cpu spikes are gone. All is good even in full screen like this.
    I think aero is somehow causing the cpu spikes ... maybe vsync triggerred or something.
    Here are some screens with dll v4 and aero on in 3 windowed modes.

Does any of this can make sense to you?

Attachments

• Windowed_biggerl.jpg
      Windowed_biggerl.jpg
      248 KB
    • Windowed_biggestl.jpg
      Windowed_biggestl.jpg
      242.6 KB
    • Windowed_small.jpg
      Windowed_small.jpg
      272.2 KB

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

It seems my stutter problems are gone now (no modified dshowhelper.dll needed) - after buying a new TV set... :)

I bought a Sony 40EX402 two weeks ago and I updated it with the latest firmware. Today I installed the latest Catalyst 10.5 preview drivers for my Radeon 5450. Before the Sony I had a Philips 32" CRT with HDMI input. After changing the TV I had the problem that my Radeon 5450 did not recognize that the TV supports 24 Hz. However with the Catalyst you can add 24 Hz manually which worked fine.

Today I have done the following: I activated "Restore factory defaults" within the Catalyst driver and after that I was pleased to see that the Radeon recognized all supported display modes of the TV (it seems the Radeon just had stored the values of the old TV, so a reset was necessary). However I was amazed to see that I also have some additional modes I can choose from.

The TV supports 1080p23, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59, 1080p60.

I configured the Refreshchanger within Mediaportal to support all this modes. So If I playback a 25fps avi the TV switches to 1080p25. And it works very well!

The best thing is: No stutter anymore! All problems are solved! :D :D

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

i think talking about Tv sets is totally OT, but can we know exacly what was your old philps tv ?
    i have a philips 8404 series, but i have 24p and all the standard rates in ATi ccc without forcing anything.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom