MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

dragosg

July 8, 2009
Bucharest
Home Country
Romania Romania
Hello,

First I want to thank you for your work. Unfortunately for me all the dll made things worst than the original dll. I'm running MP RC 2 (from this morning RC 3) with saf 4.0.
On slow moving panoramic scenes (just like in the begining of LOTR The Two Towers bluray) the video is not smooth (it's jumping all the time). My tv is able to show 24p and I have set the resolution to 1080p 24.
If I watch the same bluray on TMT3 and the video is smooth (almost perfect)

Seems to me that this is just MP problem. Please tell me if I am off topic.

Dragos

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Owlsroost,

Just a small request. Could you also post the original dll from RC2/RC3 in the openings post. Im afraid I lost it during the trails. Or what date/file version should it be?
Thanks for the dedication ! :)

akiaki

Portal Pro
September 15, 2008
Zagreb
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hello,
On slow moving panoramic scenes (just like in the begining of LOTR The Two Towers bluray) the video is not smooth (it's jumping all the time). My tv is able to show 24p and I have set the resolution to 1080p 24.
Dragos

I had similar problems and found that ac3 passtrough seams to be the problem for me, try setting audio codec to downmix audio and see if that helps. I had those jumps on Avatar bluray..

dragosg

July 8, 2009
Bucharest
Home Country
Romania Romania
Can you elaborate please? My audio codec is ffdshow audio I have mixer checked ans speacker output set to stereo. Must I do something else? thank you

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

not shure how the plans are but tourettes seems to be working on an own mp audio renderer.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Owlsroost,

Just a small request. Could you also post the original dll from RC2/RC3 in the openings post. Im afraid I lost it during the trails. Or what date/file version should it be?
    Thanks for the dedication ! :)

The standard RC3 dll is here - http://sources.team-mediaportal.com/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=MediaPortal&path=%2Ftags%2FRelease+1.1+RC3%2Fmediaportal%2FCore.cpp%2FDirectShowHelper%2Fbin%2FRelease%2Fdshowhelper.dll - this will also work on RC2.

Tony

Hello,

First I want to thank you for your work. Unfortunately for me all the dll made things worst than the original dll. I'm running MP RC 2 (from this morning RC 3) with saf 4.0.
    If I watch the same bluray on TMT3 and the video is smooth (almost perfect)

Seems to me that this is just MP problem. Please tell me if I am off topic.

Dragos

This isn't the correct place (since you are having problems with the standard dll, from your other posts) - this is a development discussion thread. I suggest you start a problem thread in the correct section of the forum.

Tony

dragosg

July 8, 2009
    Bucharest
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I am using the standard dll. now, because I've tryed all modified ones with no good results. But even the fact that the modified dll are making things worts (for me) seems to denote that this is the problem that I'm facing and maybe your next versions will make things better. I wrote that post only to give you feedback.
    I think that you should put a test video file (a reference file for this problem) that we can all try on diferent configurations to see if your dll are working properly (otherwhise you'll have poor feed-back - it's happened before in this thred).
    If you still think I'm off topic I will not post anything else.
    Regards,
    Dragos

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think that you should put a test video file (a reference file for this problem) that we can all try on diferent configurations to see if your dll are working properly (otherwhise you'll have poor feed-back - it's happened before in this thred).

There is simply no reference file that could be posted. The scheduling / presentation issue is more like hardware vs. software "conflict" caused by the EVR presenter code and few other factors.

What would help more is that users could send the HW to be used while developing...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using the standard dll. now, because I've tryed all modified ones with no good results. But even the fact that the modified dll are making things worts (for me) seems to denote that this is the problem that I'm facing and maybe your next versions will make things better. I wrote that post only to give you feedback.
    If you still think I'm off topic I will not post anything else.
    Regards,
    Dragos

According to your post here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/611177-post531.html - you are having major stutter/judder problems with the standard dll installed - you need to sort this out first before trying the experimental dlls from this thread. If you start a new thread (and attach logs and a screen capture of the render stats when it's juddering) you are likely to get a better response than if you ask the question in the middle of another thread.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom