MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

@Owlsroost
    When will this "optimizations" will make it into MP?

Already in the SVN trunk, so next MP revision (excluding possible patch releases) will include this.

gordon55

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Owlsroost, tourettes :
    1st, 10x a lot for your efforts
    2nd, if I understand correctly, these fixes are for MP 1.1.0, will they work with current final version 1.1.1 ?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

@owlsroost, tourettes :
    1st, 10x a lot for your efforts
    2nd, if I understand correctly, these fixes are for MP 1.1.0, will they work with current final version 1.1.1 ?

1.2.0 mate

SebNYD

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Hello,

I'm using v37 with MediaPortal 1.1.1, so far so good but I noticed that the first post hasn't been updated since july and I think I've read of some v42 somewhere :)

Is v37 the last version of the optimization or is there other DLL elsewhere ?

Anyway, thanks for the great job :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

The latest version of the standard dll (v1.4.45) is part of MP 1.2.0 Alpha - you can download just the dll here

I just copied that version into my MP 1.1.1 installation and I am experiencing one problem now:
    If I am playing a MP4 video (H.264 encoded) and I hit the fast forward button, audio and video is speeded up for 2x and 4x but when I reach 8x the audio and video stops and only the time continues. No chance to check how far I have already skipped. Same applies to 16x.

With the original dshowhelper.dll this problem is not there that means when I reach 8x (or 16x) the audio stops but the video continues and I can check how far I have skipped already.

Do you need logs or can you reproduce?

I reverted back to the original version because of this (no chance to check if advertisement is already skipped and the movie has started again).

Thanks.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

I reverted back to the original version because of this (no chance to check if advertisement is already skipped and the movie has started again).

You can always use skip steps to skip commercials (or even automatic comskip). That way the skipping commercials is even faster.

I personally would any day take playback quality over the FFWD / REW.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    After v0.0.37, most of the changes were to support the MP Audio Renderer project.

The significant change on the video side is how it handles the fast-forward situation - it now uses the stream timestamps during FFWD (as it should) so that *if* the splitter and decoder filters handle FFWD properly it's smoother and runs at the correct speed. The problem is that FFWD/REW support in splitters/decoders seems to be not very good, so some combinations work OK, others don't.....

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom