MP1 not restarting after crash (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the update. :)

No dialogs are ever seen when this occurs
    Okay. I'm still struggling with this one due to the conflict between what you're telling me and what the log files said. Let's wait on new log files and see what they show. It may be a non-issue (irrelevant) either way.

4 if over-heating I would of thought that a reboot or ending the task fixing the problem, rules this theory out as the laptop is still hot and it works again normally for the next several shows.
    Yes, definitely agree. That was the exact line of thought I was following. Let's tentatively scratch this possibility off the list too.

2. I will grab more log files for you
    Brilliant, looking forward to receiving these. (y)

3.1 happens with all types of video files; mkv, avi
    Sorry, I was meaning the video stream/compression format - eg. MPEG 2, h.264/AVC, DivX, Xvid etc. - rather than the container/file format. I should have specified. Nevertheless, reading between the lines, I have the impression that you don't think there's a pattern in that direction; that the freeze can occur with any file at any time.

Thanks for your persistence. I'm sure this issue must be a nuisance for you. For the moment it still has me beat, but I'm very optimistic that with enough information, time and thought we'll eventually figure out what's causing this. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom