MP1 Upgrade to 1.17 causes playback of recordings to stop (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have not seen any hangs using the updated Core-CC filter. Run for 2 or 3 days MP1 v1.16 on 2 different systems. I was seeing hangs 2 or 3 times a day with the original Core-CC.

If I find a reproducible "missing captions" video, I'll start a new thread for that problem

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    *I think* I've worked out what is happening and hopefully fixed it.

@OTA Watcher - Please try this new v1.0.0.1 version of the Core-CC-Parser filter (cccp.ax).

To install it, copy the cccp.ax from the attached zip file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (after making a backup copy of the original).

Please let us know if it fixes the problem.

(The Git branch with the changes is here - GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 at MP1-4892-BUG-TV_CC_hang_after_seek )

I stopped looking at the thread because you fixed my problem. I did upgrade to 1.18 and it crashed immediately with its versions of those files. So I installed the two you gave me and it has worked perfectly. I installed the cccp.ax file in the quoted message tonight and it works fine. I still have the old tsreader file you gave me before. For info, I will attach the crash file from when I first upgraded to 1.18. But no crashes since putting in your two files. Also, I do not understand what you want on a video in those other posts. Was that on the other issue with four streams? I don't use the second hdhomerun now because of it, but if you want I could install it next weekend and then I guess upload four shows that I record at once. Is that what you mean? I think they diagnosed it correctly as too much bandwidth and I really can't fix that. I record over the air ATSC and it is all HD, 1080i in this area. It does not affect me much since I have directvnow and can look at shows I miss on demand, it's just I can't skip the commercials.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I stopped looking at the thread because you fixed my problem. I did upgrade to 1.18 and it crashed immediately with its versions of those files. So I installed the two you gave me and it has worked perfectly. I installed the cccp.ax file in the quoted message tonight and it works fine. I still have the old tsreader file you gave me before.

If you are running MP 1.18, the only fix you should need is the new cccp.ax file, so if that is working fine for you then that's great :).

Also, I do not understand what you want on a video in those other posts.

It was a recording that I could use to debug the CC crash/hang problem, but I don't need that now as it seems I've fixed the problem (I managed to find an old ATSC sample recording that triggered the issue - I don't have access to live US TV as a I live in Europe and we use DVB subtitles instead of CC).

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    Update: I installed 1.19 pre this week and have used it without modification and it works perfectly. So I do not need to replace the one file from ver 1.15. Thank you.

PRW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2012
    Home Country
    I have not seen any hangs using the updated Core-CC filter. Run for 2 or 3 days MP1 v1.16 on 2 different systems. I was seeing hangs 2 or 3 times a day with the original Core-CC.

If I find a reproducible "missing captions" video, I'll start a new thread for that problem

I have a short (about 3 min) ts file that has reproducible missing captions. At 2:45 in the file two successive captions are never displayed by MPC. VLC shows them and CCextract finds them. I tried using the latest LAV filters and the new cccp.ax but no change. As RonD said, this seems to be a problem only for the NBC network.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a short (about 3 min) ts file that has reproducible missing captions. At 2:45 in the file two successive captions are never displayed by MPC. VLC shows them and CCextract finds them. I tried using the latest LAV filters and the new cccp.ax but no change. As RonD said, this seems to be a problem only for the NBC network.

Thanks - now that MP 1.21 pre-release is out of the way, I'll try and take a look at your sample.

Does the 'missing caption' problem happen often on NBC, or just occasionally?

PRW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2012
    Home Country
    The captions are missing probably once every two or three minutes.
    (In my original post I wrote MPC when I should have written MP.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom