MP2 - V2.1 MP2.1.1 black sreen after wake up from sleep in Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karniemi

Portal Pro
November 11, 2010
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.1

Description
MP2.1.1 black sreen after wake up from sleep in Windows 10

I was about become mental with this problem. I installed Windows 10 at some point on my HTPC, and later installed Media Portal 2 ...it was a long time frame. At some point I noticed that after standby the htpc never starts up, but gives only a black screen. I tried all the stuff I could: gfx driver reinstall, different PSU, reattach devices, unplug usb dvb-t receivers,...a long time, lots of curses(none of them helped the htpc but they worked for me ). Just a few minutes ago, I somehow got the idea to try disabling&stopping Media Portal2 TV service. Bang! Problem gone. Start Media Portal2 TV service: problem back. Stop again: problem gone. I'm so exhausted, yet happy.

Logs attached.

Steps to Reproduce:
install MP2 on W10. Standby. wakeup: black screen

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

How is your system behaving when you do the following:
    • Activate MP2 service
    • Do not start the MP2 client app
    • Put your PC into standby
    • Wake it up again

karniemi

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Hi, indeed, I forgot to explicitly mention: I did not start the client at all. So only TV service is needed for this to happen.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not start the client at all. So only TV service is needed for this to happen.
    OK, thank you for the information.

There is no principal know problem and I'd rather suspect that there is some other problem on your system. Since I have difficutlties reading the FInnish event logs, can you indicate at what date/time you were last trying to resume the PC?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd rather suspect that there is some other problem on your system.
    There is an error message in the app event log indicating hat Windows cannot be acivated :unsure:

Käyttöoikeuden aktivointi (Slui.exe) epäonnistui, virhekoodi:
    hr=0x803F7001
    Komentoriviargumentit:
    RuleId=31e71c49-8da7-4a2f-ad92-45d98a1c79ba;Action=AutoActivate;AppId=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f;SkuId=2b1f36bb-c1cd-4306-bf5c-a0367c2d97d8;NotificationInterval=1440;Trigger=NetworkAvailable

karniemi

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Hi,

Yes, it is a problem in my system -but only when MP2 Server is included in the system ;). And yes, W10 is not activated yet, I am evaluating if this rig would be OK with W10 and MP2. But I doubt the currently missing activation is the reason for the problem. This PC used to have licensed Vista and MP1.

I switched the system language to English, started MP2 Server, set system to Sleep at 8 Oct 2017 at 21:55, waited until in sleep, hit KB to wake it up, waited a minute, still black screen, brute force shutdown pressing power button for few seconds. Then powered on again. Logs attached.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you redo the same with log level set to DEBUG?

karniemi

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    "Mediaportal TV Server Configuration -> General -> Log Level" already says "Debug". So what should I do, exactly?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Mediaportal TV Server Configuration -> General -> Log Level" already says "Debug". So what should I do, exactly?
    This option works for MP1 only and has no function in MediaPortal 2. Please see WIki for how to easily change log level in MP2.

karniemi

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Aha, so I ended up using some dead part of the UI. Maybe there some reason to keep it there.

Now switched that debug option ON via MP2 Client. Then did again, what I did earlier. To Sleep at 8 Oct 2017 22:57. Logs attached.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom