MP2 - V2.1 MP2.1 Pre: Live TV playback has blockyness and out-of-sync audio (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I am back.

I confirmed the brightness-flickering: it only occurs when the mouse cursor or the black play-pause-stop bar is on the screen.(overlay) After a few seconds they disappear and everything plays smoothly.

I took a logfilesnapshot and rebooted the machine. After reboot I lost the EPG and therefore no live TV. The TVconfiguration trhrows the "actively refused connection" error on the correct IP adress of the server.
So I lost it again.
The before-reboot and after reboot logfiles are attached. Time to do a "repair" again and play around some more...

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
My apologies for the long radio silence.

The "repair-but-don't-reboot trick" works (LAV filters are not repaired/installed???), but the useable time was less and less. Eventually it didn't work anymore and I decided to completely uninstall and remove both the TeamMediaportal subdirectories. At that point I might as well install release candidate 2, so I did. Still no sigar ...
As I had other issues, like MP2-client not wanting to re-open but Taskmanager shows it still in memory, and also the MPservice that cannot be stopped/restarted in configuration panel>administrative tasks>services, ... I think a re-install of the entire OS might be beneficial. (Also for some reason windows firewall has gotten to the point where it blocks its own features, like file and printer sharing and I have to manually open the ports... maybe there actually is a point where you can do too much tinkering. :)

I just read the bug-support tread from someone who also had the MP2-client staying in memory and he also had multiple network interfaces and a multiseat setup, so maybe I should wait some more and sit this one out untill the next version.
[Bug] - MP2-632: ResourceServer deadlock on shutdown

Re-installing the OS opens some opportunities, like testing my QT4-fsarchiver image or possibly installing Windows Server 2016 trial version. (This is made specifically for my type of hardware, and if THIS doesn't manage its network traffic to MP2-client on the same machine then nothing will!)

Anyway, this will all take some time (I'm going to upgrade my wifi-hardware too), so I'll probably disappear for some time. Thanks for waiting all this time.
I'll be back.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
So an update so far:
- I installed a powerfull wifi-router (ASUS RT-AC68U) and it made no difference. (Wasn't expecting it btw, since the issue is inside the HTPC, not wifi)
- Removed VMware: no difference.
- Put a backup back: it appears Pre 2.1 RC1 was already on it and also VMware. I fully patched the backup and all the latest drivers.
So I uninstalled RC1 and put RC2 on it: No difference. Upgraded VMware to the latest version: no difference.

I still have to try the final 2.1, but I expect no differences.
Last thing to try is Win Server 2016 , which is currently running circles inside VMware. I'll report back when I have tried it.

(I have managed to get KodiPlugin + Kodi working on our tablets and smartphones, but I think i will lose that when i upgrade. Too bad, since an android version of MP would rock ;-)

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
So I started testing on a fully patched/updated Windows Server 2016 and so far no blockyness or stuttering!
I know it is not officially supported, but since it is a souped-up version of Windows 10 I think it will basically be the same ...

At my first attempt of installing MP2.1 I got an error message - I forgot the exact number - but after I first installed Hauppaughe's own WinTV+drivers, the MP2.1 setup came trough without hickups.
So far everything keeps working after reboots etc... however WinServer2016 doesn't seem to recognize or find drivers for my MCE remote. lol! It might be a driver issue (I'll test this inside a VM when I get to it), or it could be USB/motherboard driver related, as I had some issues with this before. Time will tell.
First I need to upgrade my casefans after more than 400days 24/7 duty and the summer temperatures at the moment...

anyway, so far it works and I am hopefull for the future! In retrospect, maybe a decade old OS like Win7 wasn't really optimal for my specialized hardware, but WinServer2016 does seem to know its way around things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom