MP2 - V2.1 MP2.1 pre TV stopped working ("error invoking GetChannels, GetProgramsGroup") (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhackque

Portal Member
June 3, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MP 2.1 pre seemed to work (I only use it for TV) after yesterday's install excitement.

Now, however, when I launch it I get a red dot with a white X on the client screen, clicking on it gives me the messages (in order)
  • error invoking GetChannels
  • error invoking GetProgramsGroup
I rebooted the machine (which is painful due to other uses), but the problem persists.

These appear as errors in client.log, and as the following warning in server.log
[2017-01-02 17:01:59,454] [246456 ] [96 ] [WARN ] - SOAPHandler: Error invoking UPnP action 'GetChannels'
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.SlimTvService.GetChannels(IChannelGroup group, IList`1& channels)
at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.UPnP.SlimTvServiceImpl.OnGetChannels(DvAction action, IList`1 inParams, IList`1& outParams, CallContext context)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvAction.FireActionInvoked(IList`1 inParams, IList`1& outParams, CallContext context)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters, IList`1& outParameters, Boolean checkSignature, CallContext context)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.SOAP.SOAPHandler.HandleRequest(DvService service, Stream messageStream, Encoding streamEncoding, Boolean subscriberSupportsUPnP11, CallContext context, String& result)
[2017-01-02 17:01:59,789] [246791 ] [96 ] [WARN ] - SOAPHandler: Error invoking UPnP action 'GetProgramsGroup'
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.SlimTvService.GetProgramsGroup(IChannelGroup channelGroup, DateTime from, DateTime to, IList`1& programs)
at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.UPnP.SlimTvServiceImpl.OnGetProgramsGroup(DvAction action, IList`1 inParams, IList`1& outParams, CallContext context)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvAction.FireActionInvoked(IList`1 inParams, IList`1& outParams, CallContext context)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters, IList`1& outParameters, Boolean checkSignature, CallContext context)
at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.SOAP.SOAPHandler.HandleRequest(DvService service, Stream messageStream, Encoding streamEncoding, Boolean subscriberSupportsUPnP11, CallContext context, String& result)

The log files are attached.

tlhackque

Portal Member
June 3, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This morning, it's working again. I restarted the service, killed the client in task manager, & restarted the client.

I had tried this several times yesterday with no success.

The machine was idle - except that the Windows task scheduler executed a zap2xml task. This deposits a new file for the guide update to pick up, so I suppose it might have affected a race condition (which appears to be the issue with the referenced bug)... The new XML file is 13.4MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom