MP2 - V2.1 MP2.1 server does not wake up from S3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure it can be also a compute stick which wakes up a NAS with a lot of harddisks because the compute stick only has one SD Card slot. So you have another link in the chain.

In MP 1 the MAC address configuration is set in the configuration tool. You need to press a button to let MP 1 learn the MAC address of the server.

For MP 2.1 it could be configured automatically when you link the client ot the server in the settings section. There you need to connect the client after you have installed it. After that it is sure which is the right server machine to connect to and the WOL configuration could happen in the background without further user interaction. Be it as a scheduled task or a part of the client. The MP 1 and MP 2 client automated startup after Windows boot is a scheduled task, right?

Cheers

Blue Max

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For MP 2.1 it could be configured automatically when you link the client ot the server in the settings section. There you need to connect the client after you have installed it. After that it is sure which is the right server machine to connect to and the WOL configuration could happen in the background without further user interaction.
    @BlueMax1916 I have created a plugin that works pretty much exactly as you have described above, it's available for testing here. It would be good if you could test it out and give some feedback.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Brownard,

great, I will try this ASAP.

I have IPv4 only in my home network. So I can not test IPv6 though.

Cheers

Blue Max

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom