[solved] MP2.2.1 can't play TV (1 Viewer)

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.1

Description
    I use MP2 with a Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD USB device on Windows 10. This morning MP2.2 produced an error "No TV provider available (yet)". When I ran MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration I could see all my TV channels and view them using the Preview button. I installed MP2.2.1 to see if that fixed the problem, but it did not.
    Can you sort me out, please?

Steps to Reproduce:
    Run MP2.2.1 as an administrator. Wait a bit. Select TV. Select the red error cross.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-05-02-11.17.46.zip
      8.4 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Run MP2.2.1 as an administrator
    You don't need to run MP2 as administrator.

if this is a single-seat system, i.e. client and server app on the same PC, you my be facing a firewall problem. Please switch it off for testing purposes and repeat the process.
    If the problem persists, please switch log level to DEBUG and provide a new set of log files. Before doing that, kindly delete all the crash reports in your log directory as this is just noise.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I'm the only administrator for this PC, so, I guess, everything runs as administrator. Previously I have run MP2.2 as administrator without this causing a problem.
    The only active firewall I can find is the Windows Defender one, which I have now switched off. The MP2.2.1 problem persists.
    Just now I am reluctant to send you another log, because I do not know how to delete all the crash reports in the log directory - where is this located, please? When I find out how to dlete the reports I will generate a new log and send it to you.
    Cheers
    Ralph

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you. I've deleted the previous crash reports.
    MediaPortal 2 LogCollector does not appear to offer any options: it just runs. How do I switch the log level to DEBUG, please?
    Cheers
    Ralph

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks again. Sorry if I appear a bit thick, but one of the reasons I need help is that I am not completely familiar with the operation of MP2.2.1

Cheers
    Ralph

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-05-02-13.05.25.zip
      1.6 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is your problem:
    [2019-05-02 13:05:22,090] [44682 ] [132 ] [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Cannot handle notify request from 192.168.1.1:1900 (http://192.168.1.1:80/tr64_igd.xml []): Invalid message UPnP version is missing in SERVER header

Open your settings, go to Connections and disconnect the client from the server. Then search again for a MP2 server and reconnect the client to it. Then give it a new try.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    upload_2019-5-2_13-34-15.png

I've recently taken out an option with Avast to try out their VPN. Could this be causing the problem?

There's no great urgency to reply, because I have an appointment to attend this afternoon. I'll be back in four hours or so.

Cheers

Ralph

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've recently taken out an option with Avast to try out their VPN. Could this be causing the problem?
    Yes, you've apparently cut your server off.

I am not familiar with the VPN setup, but as you can see you need to ensure certain UDP and TCP port communication or MediaPortal is not able to communicate. You can check out the Windows Defender Firewall rules to know which one need to be open. But it might be easier to allow local communications, i.e. anything within the internal network without any Avast restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom