MP2 - V2.3 MP2 2.3 Import von Audioquellen / Datenbankprobleme (1 Viewer)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Wintersonne
    The reason it is not working is that the album artist is empty which causes an exception that I have fixed (part of next release). Without the album artist, some filters will still not though.
    If you open the file in Mp3Tag, you can see that there is no album artist. If you fix that, you could probably import the file without issues.

Wintersonne

November 14, 2020
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks! This actually solved the problem. Import now works fine.
    Only one other thing remains: I am still not getting any fanarts for the files.
    Is this also tag related? The fanart database being unable to find art matching the tags?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks! This actually solved the problem. Import now works fine.
    Only one other thing remains: I am still not getting any fanarts for the files.
    Is this also tag related? The fanart database being unable to find art matching the tags?
    That could have been me. I set the audio import settings to “only local fanart” to minimize potential error contributors while I was connected via Team Viewer to your PC. If you go to media library settings and set it back to “download fanart and information” and also deactivate the fanart providers, the issue might be solved after a reimport.

Wintersonne

November 14, 2020
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately this seem to be a different issue. After all the experimentation, I decided to go for a clean slate. So I uninstalled MePo2 and removed the directory under C:\ProgrammData. Everything is set to look for fan arts, but it does not import any. I am also not sure which log might hold a clue.

Wintersonne

November 14, 2020
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure, here comes the next round of logs.
    Meanwhile I adjusted my Exact Audio Copy setup.
    Now the generated files are importable right from the start.
    Still no fanart though. :confused:

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-11-18-21.01.10.zip
      324.1 KB

Wintersonne

November 14, 2020
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    During the first import only Fanart.tv was selected. For the next try I choose all available options. Fanart.tv, FreeDB.org, MusicBrainz.org and TheAudioDM.com. I was hoping at least FreeDB.org would work since the same database was used by EAC when creating the files and tags.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Fanart.tv
    This one needs the MusicBrainz Id if I remember correctly, so if you didn’t tag it with that it won’t work by itself. I will try the file you sent me with those options.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Wintersonne
    I looked into this and found the following:
    1. FreeDB (freedb.freedb.org) shutdown March this year
    2. Fanart.tv requires a MusicBrainz Id to work
    3. MusicBrainz can timeout at times because of load and when it returns something there can be so many possible matches that it can be hard to find the correct one. The same song can be released in multiple countries which all get their own Id. I tried to tweak it bit to take this into account but it will probably be hard to impossible to get it perfect.
    4. TheAudioDB earlier this year did a cleanup of Api keys and that disabled our Api key. I could contact them if they would re-enable (I think they this for Kodi) but it might require us to become a patreon for a few months (costs money) but I wont now until I contact them. @high Do we have an official email I can use for signing up?

If you could tag all your files with a MusicBrainz Id, that would probably help getting fanart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom