MP2 - V2.3 [solved] MP2 2.3 Import von Audioquellen / Datenbankprobleme (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    If you could tag all your files with a MusicBrainz Id, that would probably help getting fanart.
    @Wintersonne
    Try once using the media buddy, which will even create nfo files for albums and artists. After tagging you can switch off online recources for audio and never are dependend on them anymore. Media buddy will also add the musicbrainz Id btw.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    Media buddy will also add the musicbrainz Id btw.
    Yes, it does, but only if it is available on TheAudioDB, what is used as data source for audio metadata... But you always can add the ID yourself if it is missing:
    Zwischenablage-7.jpg

Wintersonne

November 14, 2020
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Thanks everyone for your help. Regarding the fanart, the MP2 online importer still has trouble, but the tip with Media Buddy did the trick.
    After crashing the Media Buddy a few times due to wrong usage of the directory struckture. :whistle:.
    The test folders are imported and the fanart and nfo files are saved localy.
    Now I just need to fix the tags for all media files I created so far and run the Media Buddy over the whole library.
    That might take me a while, but I consider this issue as solved.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    After crashing the Media Buddy a few times due to wrong usage of the directory struckture.
    Do you have the logs from those crashes? I was hoping I've catch all possible wrong usage but it looks as if it isn't the case... With the logs I probably could see where it crashed and fix it...

Wintersonne

November 14, 2020
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Please find the log files attached. At first I had all files in a simple "test" directory. This caused it to crash with a reference to line 36561.
    Searching for said line lead to to a forum post that hinted at the importance of the directory structure.
    Once I found that, I could sort the issue myself.

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread