[solved] MP2.2 - Client disconnecting from TV Server issue (1 Viewer)

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
February 3, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi.

I have been running multiseat MP1 for many years and decided to trial MP2. and have been running in a constant issue with MP2

I can run MP2 server on the home server, however the clients can initially connect to the server, and then disconnects. I have been unable to setup networked locations for libraries due to this. I have trialled the MP2 client on my main pc and on the laptop with the same effect. Watching TV is interesting when this happens, as the channel stream will remain even with a disconnect but unable to change channels. EPG becomes very sluggish and then most of the icons disappear from the TV home section in MP2.

I have read through a few threads, and have disabled firewall, to no effect. Disable IPV6 to no effect. Each computer is running Windows 10 Pro, all updated. MP1 has been uninstalled.

Please see attached logs,from client and from server. Any help is greatly appreciated.(client based log collection was unable to get current logs from server)

Regards,
Scott.

Attachments

• CLIENT MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-01-06-23.07.50.zip
    265 KB
  • SERVER MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-01-06-23.09.58.zip
    94.3 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Scott,

Your logs don't show much as they have been taken at INFO level. Please set the log level to DEBUG first (see Bug Reports and Log Files). Then close the client app, restart the server PC (or alternatively just the MP2 Server service) and reproduce the problem. After that collect logs on both client and server and upload them.

client based log collection was unable to get current logs from server
    Yes, that's normal.

I have been unable to setup networked locations for libraries due to this.
    You can install the client app also on the server PC to see if that makes any difference. If things work correctly there, then you may be dealing with network issue, however, related to your local setup rather than MP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom