MP2.2 client TV-Server configuration (1 Viewer)

Hazza06

Portal Member
February 14, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
Greeting MP 2 users,
Apologies if this seems a noob question, however, where in MP2.2 client do i configure the TV-Server address ?

In MP1.20 and 1.21 client, this was really easy via the MP - Configuration tool, as screenshot below;

MP1.21_client_TV_server.png

It seems that for MP2.2, the client configuration is now exclusively performed in the MP2.2 application UI.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    where in MP2.2 client do i configure the TV-Server address ?
    Nowhere. The TV/Radio part in MP2 is not running as a service but as a plugin. Many entries in the TV config tool have no function. The only thing that you need configure is basically the path information for recordings and timeshift (use UNC entries).

It seems that for MP2.2, the client configuration is now exclusively performed in the MP2.2 application UI.
    Correct.

Last edited:

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Nowhere. The TV/Radio part in MP2 is not running as a service but as a plugin. Many entries in the TV config tool have no function. The only thing that you need configure is basically the path information for recordings and timeshift (use UNC entries).

Correct.

The TV server run on a different PC to the client, so where do i configure in the MP 2.2 client the ip address of the TV-server ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV server run on a different PC to the client, so where do i configure in the MP 2.2 client the ip address of the TV-server ?
    There is no TV Server. There is only a MP2 Server to which the client is connected. The client can the watch TV via the MP2 Server. Have you tried to launch TV on the client?

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is no TV Server. There is only a MP2 Server to which the client is connected. The client can the watch TV via the MP2 Server. Have you tried to launch TV on the client?

when i installed MP2.2 on the TV server, it also installed MP 1.20 TV-server, and has successfully scanned all channels, and i have other other MP 1.2 clients happily connecting to TV-server.

on the MP2.2 client, when i launch TV or TV guide, it displays the error 'No TV provider available )

MP 1.2x is a lot simpler to setup.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    when i installed MP2.2 on the TV server, it also installed MP 1.20 TV-server
    No, it just installs the configuration tool with the 1.20 label.

i have other other MP 1.2 clients happily connecting to TV-server.
    That is telling me that you did not stop the MP1 TVService before installing MP2. The consequence is that MP2 is not operating correctly. And it explains why you are asking these questions.

Please read the Wiki: MP2 and MP1 in Parallel

MP 1.2x is a lot simpler to setup.
    I don't think so. Do a correct install first.

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No, it just installs the configuration tool with the 1.20 label.

That is telling me that you did not stop the MP1 TVService before installing MP2. The consequence is that MP2 is not operating correctly. And it explains why you are asking these questions.

Please read the Wiki: MP2 and MP1 in Parallel

I don't think so. Do a correct install first.

so MP 2.2 client is unable to use MP 1.2 TV-server via RTSP streaming ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP 2.2 client is unable to use MP 1.2 TV-server via RTSP streaming ?
    Correct.

But why would you want to use the MP1 TV-Server in connection with MP2, if MP2 is already doing the job?

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Correct.

But why would you want to use the MP1 TV-Server in connection with MP2, if MP2 is already doing the job?

So i can test and evaluate MP2.2 client on test/work PC before touching the all important HTPC, where MP1.21 server is running serving a few MP1.21 clients.

So it's seems you have to commit to install to evelaute MP2.2 and prey is doesn't affect MP1.21 and the WAF along with it....

Overall quite happy with MP1.21, and only reason i'm looking at MP2.2 is cause MP1.21 has some known issues with absent volume OSD when using RC6 MCE keyboard and remote volume keys.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    prey is doesn't affect MP1.21 and the WAF along with it....
    You don't need to pray. Just follow the instructions in the Wiki. Switching from one version to the other is then a matter of seconds.

only reason i'm looking at MP2.2 is cause MP1.21 has some known issues with absent volume OSD when using RC6 MCE keyboard and remote volume keys.
    I don't want to talk you out of MP2, but changing software only for this reason doesn't appear meaningful to me. Anyway, check it out. We are planning a new release shortly, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom