MP2.2 client TV-Server configuration (1 Viewer)

Hazza06

Portal Member
February 14, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
You don't need to pray. Just follow the instructions in the Wiki. Switching from one version to the other is then a matter of seconds.

I don't want to talk you out of MP2, but changing software only for this reason doesn't appear meaningful to me. Anyway, check it out. We are planning a new release shortly, just in case.

agree it seems to me i like MP1.21 over MP2.2 based on what i've seen to date; in particular MP1.21 has an awesome client config tool with reasonable wiki. MP2.2 seems to have very limited configuration options and wiki.

When you say a new release shortly, you mean MP2.x or MP1.2x ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    P.S.: And if you would like toplay it triple-safe, you can rename your MP1 directories in the program and programdata folder before you install MP2. However, this will make switching between the two versions more difficult.

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What are you missing?

whilst i've not yet had the chance to test MP2.2 on my HTPC with the AMD 5570 GPU, so i'm not yet entirely sure how relevant the below config is to MP2.2.

In MP1.20 and 1.21, the below de-interlacing setting was required to be configured to utilize AMD CCC vector adaptive de-interlacing. This is despite the fact that AMD / ATI CCC advanced video de-interlacing mode for driver = VA already.

Failure to set the de-interlace mode as below screenshot, always resulted in the sub-optimal de-interlacing modes selected and utilized, consequently with very noticeable jaggies..setting must = best to utilise Vector adaptive de-interlacing i've found.

CORRECTION: after reading the wiki, i just set this setting Fallback de-interlacing mode = None in MP1.21, and operationally de-interlacing mode still = vector adaptive for MP 1.21 playout of interlaced video source, i.e. uses the de-interlacing mode as configured in AMD/ATI CCC

NB: i have some source 1080i mpeg2 and h.264 interlaced reference media content to test de-interlacing mode quite easily. ever heard of cheese slices ?

HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others icl. Ticker - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

MP1.21_client_TV_general.png

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In MP1.20 and 1.21, the below de-interlacing setting was required to be configured
    You are showing me the MP1 client configuration tool. This has no function in MP2.

another developer and tester has also re-produced the absent volume OSD ( using windows 7 )
    This is the MP2 section. Potential malfunctions in MP1 don't apply.

Last edited:

Nefariam

Portal Member
    June 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, I'm also having problems getting TV working in MP2. I also failed to read the instructions about stopping the service before installing MP2, so I stopped the service, uninstalled MP2, restarted the computer, reinstalled MP2. The TVService is stopped currently, and the MP2 Server Service is running (attached files). When I click on the MP 2 TV Configuration as per instructions on this page I get a window that looks like the screen shown on that page. However when I go to TV or the EPG in MP2 there is nothing there. What have I missed?

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-03-15 201704.png
      Annotation 2020-03-15 201704.png
      28.1 KB
    • Annotation 2020-03-15 201814.png
      Annotation 2020-03-15 201814.png
      23.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom