[solved] MP2.2 Input Management (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm a long time MP1 user but have been trying out MP 2.2, looks very good. One thing though I am struggling with is the "Input Management" settings, I just can't get the key mapping to work, assigning a key combination to the channel up function, for example, as shown in screenshot 1 does nothing at all when playing TV, nor for that matter does the + from the keyboard. Channel up does work from my remote but as I understand it that actually is a keyboard Page Up.
    What am I doing wrong, I do not have User Control enabled though this PC does have more than one account, or is that note after "Input Management" in the second screenshot trying to tell me something?:confused:
    IM1.jpg IM2.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have an Ortek VRC 1100 which I know is not RC6 but I am actually setting the mapping from the keyboard and then using the same key combination from the keyboard to test if the function works, it doesn't. BTW I used the key combination shown in the OP because that was as shown in the Wiki, other combinations and or single keys also do not work.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The InputManager is currently being reworked.

One issue is that 2.2 interprets any Ctrl/Shft/Alt+Key as the key itself, which is of course a problem. This is already addressed and will be published in the next release 2.2.1.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One issue is that 2.2 interprets any Ctrl/Shft/Alt+Key as the key itself, which is of course a problem
    Are you saying that is the only problem because as mentioned I could not get it to work at all even using a single key. If yes please can you suggest or post an example that works.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, the InputManager of 2.2 is operational. But there is also a MceRemote plugin that handles the MCE remote.

I never used it myself, but the mapping process should be working. If you want to change a key on your remote, you need to
    - press any key on the remote when prompted
    - scroll to the entry that you want to map the remote button to and press OK on your keyboard
    - press the key on your remote that you want to map.

The counter will then decrease from 5 to 0 and you should be done. If this isn’t working, then please post DEBUG logs.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK now I am very confused:confused: I followed the process for mapping keys to functions using the Input Manager as described in the Wiki, it makes no mention of the remote and specifically states for example; "you can bind a specific set of keys, e.g. ALT+H to a specific function of MediaPortal 2, like the "Info" button, or to return to a specific screen, like the home screen". Furthermore it seems to accept and save those keys but simply does not action them for me. Is there a chance someone could try this out as a sanity check.
    Basically if I understand this:unsure: and it works as described I should be able to map keyboard key combinations to MP2 functions, the fact that that will then help me to map a remote which uses keyboard shortcuts to mp2 functions is I think beside the point, first things first, I need it to work using the keyboard.
    Also I can't find any trace of the MceRemote plugin you mentioned in the MP2 Plugins downloads, please can you point me to it so I can check it out.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the fact that that will then help me to map a remote which uses keyboard shortcuts to mp2 functions
    Ah, now I see what you want to do. I thought you wanted to remap the remote key functions. I remember somebody who did the same, about two weeks ago. I am not using it myself.

Also I can't find any trace of the MceRemote plugin
    This is installed: MceRemoteReceiver can be found in the Plugins directory of the Client. This is the support for a standard MCE remote.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    One thing though I am struggling with is the "Input Management" settings
    I'm currently working on improving the input manager. I can provide a test binary once internal testing is done.
    In the mean time, have you tried mapping the keys to the PageUp and PageDown actions instead?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm currently working on improving the input manager. I can provide a test binary once internal testing is done.
    I will be more than happy to give it a try, I'm currently running MP2 on my desktop PC (does have a TV tuner), my live HTPC, is still MP1, so no problems testing anything.
    In the mean time, have you tried mapping the keys to the PageUp and PageDown actions instead?

Tried that, see attached screenshot but still no go when I hit Alt+H or J on the keyboard:(. Hitting the Page Up/Down keys on the keyboard does change the TV channel.
    im3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom