MP2.2: Possible bugs (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would have assumed that disabling the auto effect changer would then allow me to select another effect on the fly.
    That's the case, at least it works for me.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    The effects auto-changer was set to "disabled".
    I re-enabled it and set both high and low resolution effects to "none". This set the player to "none" and stopped me selecting a different effect on the fly.
    Then disabled the auto-changed again. I could then select different effect on the fly.

However when I closed the MP2 client and re-launched, the effect was stuck on "sharpen (complex)" again, regardless of the auto-changer setting.

The auto-changer seems to be working when it is enabled. However the setting to disable it does not seem to be stored properly between sessions. i.e. the setting shows as disabled in the settings menu, but the player behaves as if the auto-changer is still enabled.

Can you try to see if the correct behaviour is retained on your system after a close and re-launch?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try to see if the correct behaviour is retained on your system after a close and re-launch?
    Yep. The "automatic" setting is retained when closing and re-launching the client app on my system.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This issue sounds like a side effect of user management, I have to check this. Maybe we need to make those setting system scoped and not user scoped.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Yep. The "automatic" setting is retained when closing and re-launching the client app on my system.

Do you use user management on your system? I do on mine, but as it doesn't do what I thought it would I may disable it in the future.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    What were you expecting that you are not getting?

As I posted here:

To save having to set up each client for each user individually, it would be useful to apply user settings for view mode / filters / sorting / menu setups across clients based on user name using user management.

I thought it would be a way to instantly get the same setup on a second client, just by logging in with your username, but it seems that it is more used for content control for families and each client still has to be set up individually.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I see your point and it certainly makes sense to me. I noticed the same today and was wondering why some of my settings were gone when I activated the admin account.

Client settings are stored on the client PC. It would require a re-engineering (or at least an extension of the current logic) if client settings were to be stored server-side. You could post this as a feature request in the respective sub-section.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    @HTPCSourcer To be honest I am still running 2.2 pre release! However I am about to flatten my PC and rebuild it so I shall probably upgrade then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom