MP2.2 Pre-Release Discussions (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The time has come :):D
    MediaPortal in Version 2.2 is released. At first as Pre-Release, because of the included major changes.

In this thread you can discuss about MP2.2 Pre-Release and also leave feedbacks.

Please do not post bug reports here, but use the dedicated thread for this.

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any improvement in the tv server/client part?

We still have problems from time to time with the recordings in the list. This is not always updated and it only helps to restart the service and previously clear the share in the MP setup. After that, all new recording will be visible. (MP 2.1.3)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Is there any improvement in the tv server/client part?

We still have problems from time to time with the recordings in the list. This is not always updated and it only helps to restart the service and previously clear the share in the MP setup. After that, all new recording will be visible. (MP 2.1.3)
    There are too many changes, I can not say, if this specific problem was fixed. Please have a look on the list of changes here.
    Best is to install the new version and see, if the problem is still existing.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Is there some kind of ongoing process that gradually "updates" the DB after MP2.2 is installed?

I am asking because last night I could not get my audio library to filter and sort correctly, but today I can. Also, each time I go into my movie library, there is usually one movie with missing cover art, then a few hours later it reappears.

It seems like MP2.2 is constantly downloading and updating metadata, even when there is perhaps no need to. My audio library, for example, already has fully completed ID3 tags, but it was as if MP2.2 could not sort it properly until it had downloaded its own data?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It seems like MP2.2 is constantly downloading and updating metadata, even when there is perhaps no need to.
    This depends on your importer settings. If you enable online sources for downloading metadata (and/or fanart) then the data will be loaded from online sources at least to fill "holes". This happens every night if you have the automatic share refresh activated... Especially at first this can take a while but as it's running in background you probably may think MP2 is constantly loading metadata...

supporting MP Audiorenderer
    Never used it myself but afaik you can use MPAR in MP2... You "only" need to install the renderer manually and then select it in the MP2 GUI... But this only is a guess as I never tried it myself...

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Never used it myself but afaik you can use MPAR in MP2... You "only" need to install the renderer manually and then select it in the MP2 GUI... But this only is a guess as I never tried it myself...

Thanks for the reply.
    I may need to open a bug report then as it works first time then doesn't seem to release from the graph properly and every proceeding video doesn't work. I imagine it might be hard to get PIP working with MPAR as well.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    If you enable online sources for downloading metadata (and/or fanart) then the data will be loaded from online sources at least to fill "holes". This happens every night if you have the automatic share refresh activated... Especially at first this can take a while but as it's running in background you probably may think MP2 is constantly loading metadata...

Hi,

I do have online sources enabled and I do have share refresh enabled. However for my movie and audio libraries, these were (I thought) fully populated before I upgraded to MP2.2 However, MP2.2 seems to be downloading everything again. I cant be 100% sure about this, though. It seems like strange behaviour, as there were no "holes" in the data to begin with, but now holes keep appearing and then getting re-filled. Maybe MP2.2 downloads more data than 2.1.3. did?

Regarding the audio library: Does MP2.2 use the data in the ID3 tags to filter and sort, or does it again rely in data it downloads for itself?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    egarding the audio library: Does MP2.2 use the data in the ID3 tags to filter and sort, or does it again rely in data it downloads for itself?
    It always uses the data from the MP2 database, nothing else. It did not matter at all where the data came from.
    You only can decide if the data is downloaded from various online sources (you select wich ones to use) or from metatags or from .nfo files or from any combination of those. Normally .nfo files will have the highest priority (if exist) as they can be added to nearly every kind of media. The next in the list are the metatags (if exist) as metatags can only be used for music and Matroska Videos (.mkv) (at least in MP2, there are a few other video container like .mp4 that can store metatags too but not used in MP2) and the lowest priority should have the online data.

Sometimes this did not work exactly as planed at least for online data. There are too many possible errors while downloading data from online so you never can be 100% sure all ist perfect. That's why I never use online data at all, excerpt for Music Artist...
    I'm not finished with the Audio part of Media-Buddy that will add all the data that can not be stored in the ID3 tags (mainly data for artists like bio and artist fanart) ... As soon as Media-Buddy is ready I will create .nfo files for my audio collection too and will abandon every online download of fanart and metadata for music too as I do since many years for series and movies already. This way I'm completely independent from any online data sources and even from having an internet connection... But as told, Media-Buddy's audio part isn't ready yet and there is no other tool to create music- nfo files out there (excerpt for Kodi, means import music into Kodi and later export the library to "multiple files")...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding the audio library: Does MP2.2 use the data in the ID3 tags to filter and sort, or does it again rely in data it downloads for itself?
    Depends on your settings. If you deactivate online scrapping for audio it will use the local tags and covers only.
    If you activate online scrapping it might use the newly downloaded data. I've online scrapping only activated for audio, everything else is off.
    As far as I could see MP2 only added missing data as descriptions and FanArt. My titles from tags were kept, but I might be also just been lucky.
    I don't know, if local data are generally preferred or I was just lucky.

Regarding your server activity, it would be also wise to take a lock into the logs what is going on. Sometimes an error prevents the server to finished an import and it is always retriggered from beginning. In my vase nothing is loading in the background. The database migration took 3 minutes and no import was done since that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom