[solved] MP2.2 TV configuration issue (1 Viewer)

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I really want to try MP2, after what must be at least 10 years of MP1

So I'm now onto my 4th install/uninstall of MP 2.2 and repeatedly getting the same issue with TV configuration where the menu starts ok but then loses nearly all options. I have used "Import" to load the channels/schedule etc from 1.21.

I still have MP 1.21 installed but with TV Service disabled (and rebooted since then)

The logs (attached) show the System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Thanks for any help
John

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-03-31-19.20.34.zip
    959.6 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You're missing a configuration file.
    [2019-03-28 20:56:51,383] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - Error occurred while loading settings.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml'.
    File name: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml'
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
    at TvEngine.MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.Settings.Load()
    at TvEngine.MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.Editor..ctor()
    This can be missing for one out of three reasons. First, the installer package you've downloaded is corrupt. Second your AV program has locked/deleted this file by mistake. The third could be a "remaining" from previous MP1 installation.

I don't have the mentioned file "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml" too but all is working as expected without it here. And I'm using IPTV. So I suspect the third option as the most plausible one (I never used MP1 on my recent hardware at all)... Is it possible that you've tried an "experimental" iptv filter somehow?

Aside this there are lots of errors in the xml files of your "old" recordings... Those xml files seems to be corrupt somehow. So you better try to first setup TV without your old recordings in your recording- folder(s) and import them later, when all is working as expected...

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Lehmden and HTPCSourcer. It's really appreciated that you've taken the time to look into this for me so quickly, and you've given me some real clues.

I'll download a new installer, cleanup any MP1 installation files lurking around, and try again. The interesting thing is that the TV Configuration seems perfectly fine, with all the options showing, until I start doing my specific config, so I suspect there's a clue right there.

Is it possible that you've tried an "experimental" iptv filter somehow?

The first thing I have been doing is un-tick the tuners I do not use such as the IPTV tuner . I wonder if it's not happy about that, and it's certainly easy for me to test out.

So you better try to first setup TV without your old recordings in your recording- folder(s) and import them later, when all is working as expected...

Yep, I totally agree. That will be the second thing I won't do :)

It appears that you are not using the "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" tool to set up the TV part

You've obviously found something which indicates this is the case and that may point to some kind of conflict with my existing MP1 installation (which I need to keep running for now - but of course disabled during MP2 setup), but I'm definitely running it from the correct icon... maybe I should check where that shortcut is pointing. From memory the version number displayed on the TV Configuration dialog doesn't seem quite correct so there could be something in what you've said.

Thanks again. I'll let you know the result

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well of course it turned out to be my fault and something obvious as well! It seems this was caused by me importing into MP 2.2 Server an Export (using the Import/Export functionality) from MP 1.21. After a cleanup and reinstall without do the import all seems to be going well so far.
    Thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom