MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-558] 2.1pre Error in SlimTV3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Code:
    MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.SlimTvService.GetProgramsGroup(IChannelGroup channelGroup, DateTime from, DateTime to, IList`1& programs) in C:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MIA_Rework_v2_WifiRemoteForMP2\MediaPortal\Source\UI\TV\SlimTvService3\SlimTvService3.cs:line 371
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Service.UPnP.SlimTvServiceImpl.OnGetProgramsGroup(DvAction action, IList`1 inParams, IList`1& outParams, CallContext context) in C:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MIA_Rework_v2_WifiRemoteForMP2\MediaPortal\Source\UI\TV\SlimTvService\UPnP\SlimTvServiceImpl.cs:line 488
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvAction.FireActionInvoked(IList`1 inParams, IList`1& outParams, CallContext context) in c:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MIA_Rework_v2_WifiRemoteForMP2\MediaPortal\Source\Core\UPnP\Infrastructure\Dv\DeviceTree\DvAction.cs:line 146
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters, IList`1& outParameters, Boolean checkSignature, CallContext context) in c:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MIA_Rework_v2_WifiRemoteForMP2\MediaPortal\Source\Core\UPnP\Infrastructure\Dv\DeviceTree\DvAction.cs:line 129
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.SOAP.SOAPHandler.HandleRequest(DvService service, Stream messageStream, Encoding streamEncoding, Boolean subscriberSupportsUPnP11, CallContext context, String& result) in c:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MIA_Rework_v2_WifiRemoteForMP2\MediaPortal\Source\Core\UPnP\Infrastructure\Dv\SOAP\SOAPHandler.cs:line 155

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Found the real problem:
    Code:
    [2017-01-02 10:02:04,703] [10467  ] [15       ] [INFO ] - SlimTvService: Timeout waiting for running system state.
    and tracked it down to AbstractSlimTvService::InitAsync
    C#:
    if (await Task.WhenAny(task, Task.Delay(10000)) != task || task.Result == false)
    Looks like ten seconds is not long enough for MP2-Server to get up and running. It's intermittent though so sometimes it is long enough. I'll open a JIRA.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would it be better to wait until the TVServer is really becoming available rather than having a fixed time? I would think that the server service is somehow signaling that it's online. In any case a polling cycle with a configurable timeout (e.g. 60 sec) would also do the job.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Would it be better to wait until the TVServer is really becoming available rather than having a fixed time?
    That's pretty much what it does. The max wait in is hard coded at 10 seconds, you only get one chance to initialised, the log level in the event of a timeout is at INFO and SlimTV provider is then in a weird limbo state where it's registered for use but it's actually ready.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's pretty much what it does. The max wait in is hard coded at 10 seconds, you only get one chance to initialised, the log level in the event of a timeout is at INFO and SlimTV provider is then in a weird limbo state where it's registered for use but it's actually ready.
    Not sure if I have implemented it this way, but it's not the best way.

Other plugin are listening for system state messages and then continue their initialization. Could you change please this in SlimTv well?

Edit:
    found a change by @henso here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/5426ced9b946f0e6eb234e867757dadbeafc5f56

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    @henso 's change makes it better but there's still the possibility of a timeout. I had a large PendingResourcesSettings XML file at the time because I stopped the server during an import, maybe that's what took the extra time to initialise? If I make the timeout 30 seconds and change the logging to ERROR level it will start to show up in OTE.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    change makes it better but there's still the possibility of a timeout
    Not exactly:
    Before the timer checked in 500ms interval for an available DB without timeout. So the service was available whenever the rest of system is "ready".

The change improves the shutdown handling during crash/initialization phase, but I'm not happy how it looks now.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    I'm not happy how it looks now.
    What would you like the fix to be? I got it working on my machine by changing the timeout:

if (await Task.WhenAny(task, Task.Delay(30000)) != task || task.Result == false)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What would you like the fix to be? I got it working on my machine by changing the timeout:
    I think it should look like:
    • Subscribe for SystemState messages: act on SystemState.Running / ShutDown, one example: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...nPRenderer/UPnP/UPnPRendererPlugin.cs#L84-L94 (there are more plugins doing this already, maybe this could be in a helper class or service?)
    • When SystemState.Running arrives, start the init background thread
    • Having a "abort" field, either as bool or ResetEvent, that can be used to signal shutdown request during init phase and check this for signalled state
    One thing I'm not sure about:
    I could have checked for "SystemState.Running" before, but as this code depends on a registered database service, the "SystemState.Running" might be too early, as plugins are possibly enabled in another order (have not checked code). So the initial check for database service was maybe better for the purpose.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Created https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/FIX_MP2-558_Error_in_SlimTV3 for this.

Subscription works but now there's a different problem:
    Code:
    [2017-01-03 14:20:45,716] [227686 ] [69       ] [ERROR] - Error: UPnPServer: Error handling HTTP request 'http://127.0.0.1:61622/upnphost/description/uuid:ecc068a5-581c-4312-95d2-211e83d86c18'
    [2017-01-03 14:20:45,727] [227697 ] [69       ] [ERROR] - Error: UPnPServer: Exception is The given key was not present in the dictionary.:
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvService.AddDeviceDescriptionForService(XmlWriter writer, EndpointConfiguration config) in C:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MP2.1_DLNA\MediaPortal\Source\Core\UPnP\Infrastructure\Dv\DeviceTree\DvService.cs:line 276
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvDevice.AddDeviceDescriptionsRecursive(IHttpRequest request, XmlWriter writer, EndpointConfiguration config, CultureInfo culture) in C:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MP2.1_DLNA\MediaPortal\Source\Core\UPnP\Infrastructure\Dv\DeviceTree\DvDevice.cs:line 396
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.DeviceTree.DvDevice.BuildRootDeviceDescription(IHttpRequest request, ServerData serverData, EndpointConfiguration config, CultureInfo culture) in C:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MP2.1_DLNA\MediaPortal\Source\Core\UPnP\Infrastructure\Dv\DeviceTree\DvDevice.cs:line 310
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Dv.UPnPServer.HandleHTTPRequest_NoLock(IHttpClientContext context, IHttpRequest request) in C:\Users\Michael\OneDrive\MediaPortal\MrTechno.FEAT_MP2.1_DLNA\MediaPortal\Source\Core\UPnP\Infrastructure\Dv\UPnPServer.cs:line 332
    Adding the TV service used to happen during activation, now it happens after running state at which point it's too late.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom