MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-581] DirectX crashes in Client. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    When scrolling in larger lists always after a short time a "Device Hung" Error appears and stalls the client so I only can kill it then.
    [2017-01-03 10:09:52,898] [48112 ] [DX Render] [WARN ] - GraphicsDevice: DirectX Exception, DeviceState: DeviceHung
    SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x88760874], Module: [SharpDX.Direct3D9], ApiCode: [D3DERR_DEVICEHUNG/DeviceHung], Message: Unknown
    bei SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
    bei SharpDX.Direct3D9.DeviceEx.PresentEx(IntPtr sourceRectRef, IntPtr destRectRef, IntPtr hDestWindowOverride, IntPtr dirtyRegionRef, Int32 dwFlags)
    bei SharpDX.Direct3D9.DeviceEx.PresentEx(Present flags)
    bei MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.DirectX.GraphicsDevice.Render(Boolean doWaitForNextFame)
    I can reproduce it 100% if I set my movies (1500 entries) to list view and the try to scroll to a movie further down the list. Larger lists like in movies or pictures I only can use in Grid- or Cover view, not in (one of the) list views. In pictures i have sometimes much larger lists over 3000 pictures at once. Here even in grid view those DX errors happen sometimes...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When scrolling in larger lists always after a short time a "Device Hung" Error appears and stalls the client so I only can kill it then.

I can reproduce it 100% if I set my movies (1500 entries) to list view and the try to scroll to a movie further down the list.
    Please can you try again now that you run Win 10 1703?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm still on the "old" Win 10 version but I've planed to do the upgrade today... Will come back once I'm done...

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please can you try again now that you run Win 10 1703?
    I can confirm, that the issue, i've reported in this thread ->Link<- seems to be solved. Creators update i've installed last weekend. Maybe it is related to that.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Now I'm on 1703 and I've done first tests. The font rendering issue seems to be gone with this Windows 10 Upgrade. And the DX hung issue also seems to be fixed. I will test this further but I think this Win Upgrade solves more than one issue we had...:D

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good. I had made the same observation and wanted your confirmation. I'll then close it together with the remark to install 1703.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom