[Finished] [MP2-608] Schedule Recordings by Channel/Time (1 Viewer)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If there is no pissibility to get the IsRecording state, then I would not make any indicator for it for now.
    This would only confuse.
    But I actually thought that at some place the IsRecording state is displayed !? Not sure though.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But I actually thought that at some place the IsRecording state is displayed !? Not sure though.
    I'm very sure we don't have it, we discussed it some time before. Having an indicator is a missing feature,but important, so you don't shut down PC or do other things unintentionally

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sadly we don't have this indicator now. Some times ago I've proposed to make even the Status Monitor showing, if a recording is running (changing color and/or icon). This way one can see if there is a recording even if one isn't in the GUI. Atm I need to open SetupTv and have a look there before I can e.g. restart my system, stop the MP2 Server to install new things and similar.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm very sure we don't have it, we discussed it some time before. Having an indicator is a missing feature,but important, so you don't shut down PC or do other things unintentionally
    The PowerScheduler Plugin for TV-Server has the Option for Away-Mode.
    According to the description this prevents shutdown if a recording is running. Instead it goes into away mode (Screen off, but still running).
    This is the same behavior like in WMC. But I havn't tested it with MP TV-Server so far.
    Thats up for next Weekend.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Every morning, I want to record one hour of programming from my favourite news channel, starting at 6am, so I can watch it from the top when I wake up. That hour of programming is made up of several separate "shows" on the EPG of varying lengths, some only a few minutes long; it would be really messy to record them as individual shows.

Right now this is a PITA. I can't schedule it beyond the two weeks of EPG data I have. I select the first show of the hour on Monday from the EPG, then I use post-record to extend that to cover the whole hour (except due to the selections available, I end up with slightly more than an hour, not a problem in my case, but in other cases could cause an unnecessary tuner availability conflict). Then I scroll through "Forthcoming episodes" (but because there are many shows each day called "News", it's not so easy to select the ones I want), finding and selecting the Tuesday, Wednesday etc shows, and setting the post-record manually each time. I do this every week.

So I would really, really like to be able to say "record this channel, on these days, for this long, until I tell you to stop", I hope the reason is obvious from my scenario described above.

Note: I am still on MP1, just planning to switch to MP2, but as far as I can tell, this feature does not exist in MP2 any more than in MP1.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Note: I am still on MP1, just planning to switch to MP2, but as far as I can tell, this feature does not exist in MP2 any more than in MP1.
    Just to be clear, this feature does exist in MP1, and has for as long as I can remember.
    Create an advanced schedule:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rd_TV/1_Scheduling_Recordings#Advanced_Record

An "every day at this time" schedule seems like it would be perfect for your scenario.

But can you manually configure the start and end time of recordings? I think this was the main issue. I don't have MP1 installed, but checking the linked WiKi I could not find any info related to that.

@morpheus_xx Is that something we can addto MP2? I personally never record anything, but if I would, I'd like to decide the time manually.
    • One usage case is, that I have German EPG, but live in a time zone +2h, so I can not rely on the EPG time.
    • Sometimes the EPG is wrong, but you have the correct info from news or online sources (e.g. a show is cancelled and alternative program is shown).
    But I saw also a lot of other nice features in the MP1 wiki. The option to start the recording earlier by a defined offset seems also good to me ;)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    If this is true, then I will feel pretty dumb (not for the first time), but I still can't see the option to set the time and length, what am I missing? If I select a show from the EPG, then in Programme Info I select Advanced Record -> Record Every Day At This Time, I can then see in Upcoming Episodes that one show recorded every day, with the start and end time from the EPG. I just can't see any way to change or extend that end time, so to get my hour of programming, I'd need a schedule for each of the several shows that make up that hour, and I'd have to playlist the recordings or something to watch them sequentially. So what am I doing wrong? Is there a way to get to Advanced Record without starting from the EPG, that allows you to manually set start and end times? How? Edit: is this skin-dependant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom