[Finished] [MP2-608] Schedule Recordings by Channel/Time

PrimeTime27

January 24, 2016

I am using MP2 and I am trying to figure out how to create a manual schedule for recording TV using MP Client. I can see how I can create a recording based on my Guide listing however, if I want to say record a channel between times A and B regardless of guide, is this this possible?

Thanks in advance!

ge2301

MP2 Design
January 11, 2014
Stuttgart
Country flag
Is this feature already implemented? If it's easy, perhaps also a feature for coming release.
Basically I'm not somebody who is recording, at least I do not schedule recordings.
But sometimes I see something interesting in TV and just press the Record Button in WMC. As I plan to switch to MP2 by time I would also like to see that.
I already created icons for the Player Controls in TV, so also from design point of view it's easy to add.

osre

Retired Team Member
December 14, 2014
Is this feature already implemented? If it's easy, perhaps also a feature for coming release.
Basically I'm not somebody who is recording, at least I do not schedule recordings.
But sometimes I see something interesting in TV and just press the Record Button in WMC. As I plan to switch to MP2 by time I would also like to see that.
I already created icons for the Player Controls in TV, so also from design point of view it's easy to add.
Pressing record at any time works in MP2, if I'm not totally confused now.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
December 17, 2010
Lehmden
Country flag
Pressing record at any time works in MP2, if I'm not totally confused now.
Yes, this is working since ever.
But you can not schedule a recording with start- time, end- time and channel as it was on old VHS recorders. This is what this topic is about. Afair this was possible in MP1 but I never used it so I'm not sure.

ge2301

MP2 Design
January 11, 2014
Stuttgart
Country flag
Ok, then just the Record Button is missing in the TV controls. I never know a key combination of MP2. And I have no remote on by development PC :)

I also like the idea, that you can schedule based on variable start and end time.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
August 5, 2015
Country flag
I am now very confused indeed.

Is it possible to schedule a recording manually in MP2: please answer yes or no.

Cheers

Ralph

ge2301

MP2 Design
January 11, 2014
Stuttgart
Country flag
I was just going to add a "Recording Button", but then was thinking, if it really is a good idea.
Placing the button to start a recording is no problem, but it should be a 2-state button, so you know when a press will stop recording.
I can make the button e.g. "blinking" after first click, but since we do not have a "IsRecoding" parameter avaialble, we would never know for sure, if the recording process is really active. "Blinking" would only mean, that the button was pressed and "blinking" will stop, when you press it another time.

Any thoughts about that?