MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-637] Player Control Bug for Playlists (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The PlayerControls are not working with playlists. When opening an album and playing the first track, automatically all tracks are added to a playlist and played.
    Once the first song finished to play, the PlayerControls show still the end time of the first song, while the actual time runs further. Also the position knob of the progress bar runs out of the bar. How could this not be found so far by our testers? @Lehmden, can you reproduce this?

Additionally the Fanart is not changing with the next track @Brownard. I think everything has the same root cause, so I keep it together here.

Here a screenshot for that. Please keep in mind, that the layout is work in progress, the CP screen will look different later, I'm just trying a few layouts.
    Unbenannt.jpg

I'll create a Jira ticket for this. Which Dev shall I tag. @morpheus_xx added the automatic playlist feature in the past, but perhaps it's not a good timing to tag him :whistle:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When opening an album and playing the first track, automatically all tracks are added to a playlist and played.
    Once the first song finished to play, the PlayerControls show still the end time of the first song, while the actual time runs further.
    @hwahrmann I've looked into the above and it seems that the Bass player doesn't correctly reset the playback position/time when the next track in a playlist is played after the previous track finishes, It does however work correctly if you manually skip.
    The difference between the 2 cases is the StartTime passed here, which allows the PlaybackSession to automatically switch to the next InputSource when the previous ends. It seems that in this case something isn't being reset correctly. Would you be able to take a look?
    Additionally the Fanart is not changing with the next track @Brownard.
    I pushed a fix for this, the binding wasn't being updated until I explicitly set the MediaItem as the binding's source. I think it must be a limitation/bug in the skin engine

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    it seems that the Bass player doesn't correctly reset the start time
    That explains at least, why we didn't find the problem earlier, the bass player integration is quite fresh.
    I pushed a fix for this, the binding wasn't being updated until I explicitly set the MediaItem as the binding's source. I think it must be a limitation/bug in the skin engine
    Thanks.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I couldn't find any single skin, which displays this information.
    Can you point me to one?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    I couldn't find any single skin, which displays this information.
    Can you point me to one?
    It's valid for BV skin and themes. You need to go to the Currently Playing screen (Play symbol in GroupMenu).
    If you like to see exaclty the same as in the screenshot you need to use the WMC_v3 branch.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    There was indeed a bug in BV, that made PlayerControls not visible, because of fallback screen usage. I pushed a fix for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom