[Bug] [MP2-704] Leaving FullGuide with ESC displays MiniEPG (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    TV: Guide navigation inconsistency
    • OK Pressing Guide on the remote while watching Full screen Live TV brings up the standard EPG. Pressing Guide once more returns to full screen
    • Confusing: Pressing Back or ESC instead of Guide displays the Mini-EPG instead returning to the previous state, i.e. Full screen TV. IMHO this is inconsistent - Back should take you back to where you came from.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Confusing: Pressing Back or ESC instead of Guide displays the Mini-EPG instead returning to the previous state, i.e. Full screen TV. IMHO this is inconsistent - Back should take you back to where you came from.
    Also this one works here. I always return to where I was coming from when pressing ESC. In case you can reproduce with a new build, please give me the exact steps and I can retry.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    [QUOTE="ge2301, post: 1225118, member: 145639 ]In case you can reproduce with a new build, please give me the exact steps and I can retry.[/QUOTE]
    I can :) - build #268 with Win10

1. Fullscreen Live TV
    2. Press G on the keyboard for the Guide
    3. Press ESC on the keyboard --> MiniGuide is displayed instead returning to Live TV

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag

1. Fullscreen Live TV
    3. Press ESC on the keyboard --> MiniGuide is displayed instead returning to Live TV
    Ok, now I could reproduce, but do not understand the behaviour :)

In fullscreen mode there are following mappings:
    XML:
      <KeyBinding Key="Escape" Command="{Command CloseOSD}" IsEnabled="{Binding IsOSDVisible}"/>
    <KeyBinding Key="Ok" Command="{Command Source={Service ScreenManager},Path=ShowDialog,Parameters=SlimTVClient-miniguide}" IsEnabled="{Binding !IsOSDVisible}"/>
    As you can see, ESC has no connection to MiniGuide. It seems, that the "OK" command is executed instead.
    Could be a bug in the WorkflowManager, but I'm the wrong person for that :giggle:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I am relieved that I am not imaginating things:). I can't say anything about the Workflow Manager either.

@morpheus_xx , could you try if you can reproduce what I described in posting #44?

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    [QUOTE="ge2301, post: 1225118, member: 145639 ]In case you can reproduce with a new build, please give me the exact steps and I can retry.

1. Fullscreen Live TV
    3. Press ESC on the keyboard --> MiniGuide is displayed instead returning to Live TV[/QUOTE]
    This is "normal". "Fullscreen" is a transient state. When navigating to Guide, the transient state is removed from navigation history. So another hit on "Esc" will take one more step back in history.

We had a temporary test to make fullscreen a "normal" state (instead of transient one). But this causes unexpected behavior, so I reverted to the original version.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    We had a temporary test to make fullscreen a "normal" state (instead of transient one). But this causes unexpected behavior, so I reverted to the original version.
    And what does this mean now? When we had a "test" it was probably to fix something else. When reverting what are the side effects? I hope it's not about not returning with ESC from EPG to Fullscreen any more o_O

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The test was exactly what it means: a TEST to check for results. Once introduced in a WiP branch it got unintentionally merged by into the release branch, but it still lacked a real working concept. And no, it was not working in all cases. So better to have a deterministic working version in a release (which is the same since MP2 exists) than to have a non-deterministic working (or not) version.

When there is one, we can build and include the solution properly.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The test was exactly what it means: a TEST to check for results. Once introduced in a WiP branch it got unintentionally merged by into the release branch, but it still lacked a real working concept. And no, it was not working in all cases. So better to have a deterministic working version in a release (which is the same since MP2 exists) than to have a non-deterministic working (or not) version.

When there is one, we can build and include the solution properly.
    Nevermind, I was just wondering what your TEST is about ... and I still don't know.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    and I still don't know.
    Sorry, I thought you did. It's about entering and leaving fullscreen state
    1. Fullscreen Live TV
    This is "normal". "Fullscreen" is a transient state. When navigating to Guide, the transient state is removed from navigation history. So another hit on "Esc" will take one more step back in history.

Code reference of the revert, the change was introduced somewhere before:
    Reverted changes to FS/CP workflow handling (was only meant for testi… · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2@103a430 · GitHub

Users who are viewing this thread