[Bug] [MP2-704] Leaving FullGuide with ESC displays MiniEPG (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @morpheus_xx , the one thing that is not entirely clear is your opinion: If we were entirely free, what behavior would we want to have?

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    If we were entirely free, what behavior would we want to have?
    I'm afraid I cannot answer this, as I personally don't have other requirements to enter fullscreen, I just hid "red" key and am there.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I am bringing this up again because my wife keeps telling me that this behavior is absolutely confusing.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Country flag
    I've been trying out MP2 for about a month now and I have to agree with HTPCSourcer, This is probably one of the main reasons that I'll be returning to MP1 within the next few days....If 'back' is pressed on the handset you would expect to do exactly that and not be presented with another (not so) mini EPG which takes half a dozen key presses or so to navigate out of. I understand that MP1 and MP2 are very different 'animals' but just take a look at the elegant way that the entire EPG is handled in MP1. It's all about the PVR functionality for me and at the moment in this area the logic seems flawed, The timeline also often exhibits some bizarre behaviour (positioned in the last 15mins of the EPG window, So the EPG consists of programs that have finished airing, Oh and there's no 'set reminder' option and Comskip won't work and......well you get the picture.

Anyway please regard the above as constructive criticism because that's 100% how it's meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads
    OP Title Forum Replies Date
    M MP2 - V2.3 MP2 & USB Problems Submit: Bug Reports 29
    L MP2 - V2.3 Troubles upgrading from MP2 2.2.3 to 2.3 General 0
    T MP2 - V2.3 MP2 x64 won't run Submit: Bug Reports 5
    J Copying Old VHS tapes Newcomers Forum 8
    W MP2 - V2.3 MP2 2.3 Import von Audioquellen / Datenbankprobleme Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 26
    G MP2 - V2.3 New install and crashing MP2-2.3 General 6
    S MP2 - V2.3 MP2 No video General 6
    W MP2 - V2.3 MP2 Server stürzt immer nach kurzer Zeit ab Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 77
    toricred MP2 - V2.3 MP2 2.3 Client won't start General 6
    Grisu002 MP2 - V2.3 MP2 2.3 Client startet nicht - bleibt beim Laden hängen Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 61
    M [solved] MP2 PROBLEME Standby Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    Scheibes Was passiert bei MP2? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 42
    S Programmierte Aufnahme in MP2 - kein Aufwachen des PC Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 5
    morpheus_xx [Finished] "What's New" plugin for MP2 upgrades MediaPortal 2 20
    da3dsoul [Request] An MVP Plugin example for custom settings in MP2 Plugin Development 2
    morpheus_xx [Evaluate] Checking MP2 code portability to .Net Core MediaPortal 2 15
    da3dsoul Does MP2 not have any active devs? General 8
    da3dsoul MP2 Plugin - Getting Started (Directory Tree and Player) Plugin Development 27
    R [solved] Kein Player registriert Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    -Merkur- MP2 Client startet nicht, "libXBMC_addon.dll" fehlt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    mp2-ulrich [solved] MP 2.2.3 spielt nur manche Sender Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 72
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3