[fixed] [MP2-767] Disappearing Daily/Weekly Recording Schedules (1 Viewer)

bryan52

Portal Member
March 10, 2012
New Zealand New Zealand
Country flag
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2

Description
I’ve recently moved from MP1 to MP2 2.2pre and find that series recordings that have been setup occasionally disappear. I’ve traced the problem to deleting an episode while it’s still recording. I normally delete recordings once I’ve viewed them.
The attached logs show this problem: I’ve setup a daily recording schedule for the news program “Prime News - First At 5.30” which occurs daily from 17:30 for 30 minutes (plus pre and post recording). Note I normally only watch the first half of this show.
[2018-10-19 17:52:34,092] [237044907] [101 ] [DEBUG] - Scheduler.CancelSchedule: Prime News - First At 5.30 10/19/2018 17:30:00
I believe this should be a Cancel Current Recording request?

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Schedule a series recording
2) View recording while recording an Episode
3) Delete current recording while it is still recording

Attachments

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I can't confirm this here:
    1. I just scheduled to record a (already running) show on a channel every time it is broadcasted
    2. The recording is started immediately
    3. I then deleted the recorded file from the recording folder menu
    4. The file was deleted - and the recording immediately started again: the schedule with a dozen entried remained unchanged
    All in all exactly the behavior that is expected.

I can only imagine that instead of scheduling a repeated recording you entered a single one. There are two places where you can verify that you did it right: one is in the above-mentioned Recordings Schedule screen of MP2, the other is the TV Configuration app under Schedules where all scheduled recordings are listed.

Last edited:

bryan52

Portal Member
    March 10, 2012
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Did some more testing and find that schedule types "Every time on this channel" and "Weekly every time on this channel" behave as per your test results, however schedule types "Daily" and "Weekly" both cancel the schedule.

Looks like MP2 is doing something special for "... every time on this schedule" schedule types as it's creating an additional schedule recording "Once" see bitmap.

Attachments

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Reference to code part: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2.
    C#:
    var matchingSchedules = allSchedules.Where(schedule => schedule.[B]IsRecordingProgram[/B](canceledProgram, true));
    Possible cause: there could be multitple Schedules for "IsRecordingProgram = true" returned (both series and current single recording) and the later loop removes all occurrences. IIRC there was no direct link between ProgramId and ScheduleId, that's why there was a lookup logic required.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I am looking into this now. The MP2-Client code in DeleteRecordingFromStorage.cs always deletes the schedule that is making the recording before trying to delete the file.

If the schedule is a series, I propose to alter it to get the list of programs for that schedule, and only cancel the one program that is currently recording from the schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread