[fixed] [MP2-799] New Manual Schedule issue. (1 Viewer)

rickam

March 15, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3

Description
When Scheduling a recording that I wish to recur daily, I click on "New Media Schedule" and it only allows me to enter a time of day that is in the future.

Workaround is to wait until just past midnight tonight, and then schedule the recordings. Or possibly spoof the system time in windows could also work.

It would be great to be able to add and edit existing recording schedules in the Configuration tool.

Steps to Reproduce:
click on "New Media Schedule" and then try to schedule a recording that is earlier in the day than the present time. Set schedule type to "daily" and it will not allow pressing the OK button.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @rickam, if you are recording every day at the same time, is this for a specific show that is broadcasted every day on that channel?

rickam

March 15, 2019
    Home Country
    @rickam, if you are recording every day at the same time, is this for a specific show that is broadcasted every day on that channel?

Thank you HTPCsourcer. It's for any channel I choose if the time I set is an earlier value than the present time of day. So if the current time happens to be 23:59 for example, then I can't schedule anything. And if it's 00:01 in the morning I won't have any trouble setting it up. I did a lot of experimentation (and swearing) before figuring it out that it could be a bug. If I manage to set them up, they run beautifully.

It's very good software, you are doing an excellent job with this project.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's for any channel I choose if the time I set is an earlier value than the present time of day.
    That I understand. My question was if you were recoding the same show every day (e.g. "News at 6"), so that instead of a time you could program the show with that name to be recorded every day.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    I am looking at this problem, but I am having a problem understanding some things.

1) If you set up a manual schedule to record (for instance) "Every time on every channel", how does that work? "Every time on every channel" records all programs with the same name as the program name, but there is no place to put the program name in for a manual schedule!

Should the list of schedule options have any of the "any time" options available for a manual recording?

2) I don't have any problem setting a manual schedule for any start time (provided it is earlier than the end time). It is only if the END time is in the past that it won't work (for me). I propose to allow manual schedules for end times in the past, provided the recording type is not Once (as MP2 can't do time travel!). i.e. you can set up a manual recording to record 17:00-18:00 on channel 1 every week, even if the time now is 20:00. Does that satisfy the requirement?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ref 1: The manual schedule is not aiming at show titles. Instead it only uses channel and time information so that one is able to schedule a recording without any guide data.

Ref 2: I guess yes. Your suggestion is precisely addressing the problem. Being able to schedule 17:00-18:00 at 20:00 would be a common use case.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    Ref 1: That is pretty much what I said.

So do you agree that the dialog should not offer the "any time" options?

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    Have pushed branch
    MP2-799_Manual_daily_recording_schedule_not_possible_if_start_time_earlier_than_current
    including a fix for this.

Do you prefer me to merge to WIP_2.2.2 straight away for you to test, or do you prefer to test in the branch before I merge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom