[fixed] [MP2-821] Importer glitches in 2.2 (1 Viewer)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @morpheus_xx
    I will when I find time.
    @JSchuricht
    Would it be possible to upload the completed import database from MP2.1.3? And also all the nfo files if possible? Also could you specify you importer settings for movies?

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    2.1.3 settings
    ScreenShot382.jpg
    ScreenShot383.jpg
    ScreenShot384.jpg
    ScreenShot385.jpg
    ScreenShot386.jpg

2.2.1 settings
    ScreenShot387.jpg
    ScreenShot388.jpg
    ScreenShot389.jpg
    ScreenShot390.jpg
    ScreenShot391.jpg

Will work on getting the DB uploaded somewhere. It may be a while, I kinda broke it experimenting.

The browse media should show everything even if it's lacking a nfo and didn't show up under movies right?

Attachments

• nfo.zip
      22.8 MB
    Last edited:

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    2.1.3 DB here.

I have made some new discoveries, part of that is there are multiple issues leading to the import glitches.

The importer getting stuck at a certain percent for weeks at a time is one movie the importer doesn't like. My 2.2.1 install was having this issue and I went from 7725 to 7784 movies just by removing the one movie, restarting MP2 server service and reimporting. MP 2.1.3 also had this issue. The NFO being present and the name of the movie make no difference, it's down to the actual file.

The movie plays fine in MPCHC. The movie also plays fine in MediaPortal if I trick the importer. If I run the importer with another random movie renamed to match the failing movie the importer finishes normal. I can then put the original movie back on the server and play it in MediapPortal. If I do another import after doing the movie swap and the original failing movie is in place, the importer hangs. Video info and logs below. Unfortunately, MP 2.2 still misses many movies during import even without this movie.

Code:
    General
    ID                             : 0 (0x0)
    Complete name                  : X:\Chicken Little (2005)\Chicken Little (2005).mkv
    Format                         : BDAV
    Format/Info                    : Blu-ray Video
    File size                      : 29.5 GiB
    Duration                       : 1 h 21 min
    Overall bit rate mode          : Variable
    Overall bit rate               : 52.0 Mb/s
    Maximum Overall bit rate       : 32.0 Mb/s
    FileExtension_Invalid          : m2ts mts ssif

Video
    ID                             : 4114 (0x1012)
    Menu ID                        : 1 (0x1)
    Format                         : AVC
    Format/Info                    : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile                 : Stereo High@L4.1
    MultiView_Count                : 2
    Format settings, CABAC         : Yes
    Format settings, RefFrames     : 4 frames
    Codec ID                       : 32
    Duration                       : 1 h 21 min
    Bit rate mode                  : Variable
    Bit rate                       : 50.0 Mb/s
    Maximum bit rate               : 19.2 Mb/s
    Width                          : 1 920 pixels
    Height                         : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
    Frame rate                     : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space                    : YUV
    Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                      : 8 bits
    Scan type                      : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 1.005
    Stream size                    : 28.3 GiB (96%)

With MP 2.1.3, all 8063 movies are in browse media, 8040 of those show up in movies. None of the movies in browse media have folders without movies in them like in MP 2.2+. Still looking for the missing 23 to track down why they are not showing in movies..

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-07-23-14.18.13 importer stuck.zip
      269 KB
    Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    2.1.3 DB here.
    I tried reproducing your issue by creating a similar folder structure as you including the nfo files you provided. For me the import completed without issues but I used the 2.2.2 version not released yet for testing and I of course don't have the same media files as you. Could you provide a sample (a few minutes or similar) of the file causing your issue?

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    I still need to test the sample to see if the issue remains before uploading it... I will get to it, things have been a bit hectic lately. I did manage an upgrade to MP 2.2.2 and running an import, on the upgraded not a fresh install, did not make any improvement in detecting movies. I did have a weird phenomenon after moving and making no changes to MP 2. After having the server and clients up for ~2 weeks, an additional 200 movies were imported. Currently 8030 of 8158 are showing up. I have no idea what caused the extra ~200 movies to show up, the only vaguely related change was the ISP going from Charter to Cox but that shouldn't affect this issue especially with me running my own DNS servers.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    Finally got time to finish some more testing. I narrowed down the issues slightly with MP 2.2.x vs 2.1.x imports. I have a test net setup right now with two physical machines running Win 10 1909 and MP 2.2.3 isolated on their own subnet so I can rule out virtual machines and network interference. The imports are missing a bunch of movies with the combination of MP 2.2.3 and the movies being on a SMB share. If I move the movies to a local drive the import works or if I use the MP 2.1.x branch with movies on the same SMB share the import works.

Thinking of differences in local vs SMB, is there anything in the MP 2.2.x branch that would require write access? I have the share set to read only which 2.1.x had no issue with.

Here is a clip of the problem media file. It breaks the import on either SMB or local storage on the test net.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thinking of differences in local vs SMB, is there anything in the MP 2.2.x branch that would require write access?
    I just tried to import from a share on a remote Windows PC with read only credentials and everything imported fine, so I have no idea why you are having problems. Could you try granting write permissions to the user to check if that is the cause? Also could you try importing just a few movies from a remote share through read only credentials and attach the logs?
    Here is a clip of the problem media file. It breaks the import on either SMB or local storage on the test net.
    The clip import fine for me via a local path and via a network path. Again I have no idea why you are having issues. Maybe somebody else could verify?

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    I'll try the import with write permissions next. Right now I am experimenting with terminating mp2-server.exe when the import hangs and restarting the service which somehow is working for 703 movies so far. Haven't tried it with the clip I posted earlier yet.

I am trying to think of differences in our setups that may somehow be causing this. I am running windows 10 enterprise 1909 English language version I am guessing you are on a German language version. I am not sure if I can navigate a different language version but I am wondering if perhaps there is a character that is triggering this or sources for import details are different in MP2 based on the installed language. I'm just spitballing at this point, my main install has this issue, every test setup I do has it even with different hardware and fresh windows installs and the 3 other MP2 installations I help people out with see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom