MP2 and DJBlu's Modified TV Server (1 Viewer)

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

Really interested in giving MediaPortal 2 a shot, but I currently use DJBlu's modified TV server so I can utilize FreeSat/Sky FTA.

Is it possible to keep running this TV Server and use the new MP2 alongside it as I understand the summer release has TV server incorporated.

Thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Yes you can...
    Download the latest MP2 Build from this Post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...te-1-snapshot-2015-08-03.131533/#post-1146338
    Then stop your running TV Server. After installing MP2 you need to Install SlimTV - MPExtended
    Download and instructions how to do are here:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/mp2-plugins/slimtv-mpextended

Then you can use MP2 together wit a running MP1 TV Server. Drawback is, MPextended has some limitations so not all TV features are working as with "native TV"...

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick reply. Defnitely going to take a look at this :)

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello there,

I've finally got around to having a look into this so I tried it with the latest release (Summer 15 Update 1) and I did as you said above and stopped the TV server but unfortunately I have found I know have 2 TV Servers Installed.

I've checked my Services and TVServer is still pointing to the original MP1 TVService.exe so am I just safe to go ahead and ignore MP2 TV Service or will i require any additional steps?

Thanks

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Did some more digging and got it working via MPExtended. Its nice being able to watch TV using the MP1 TV Server but it does feel somewhat limited i.e having to setup the Recording folders within TV Series/Movies.

Does the MP2 team have any plans to support the features that DJBlu brought to the table with the modified TV Server? I.E channels being allocated their correct channel numbers rather than all of them being set to 1000 and the EPG support? That way there would be no need to use the MP1 TV Server any more and I and many others would be able to have a full MP2 configuration.

Cheers

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Does the MP2 team have any plans to support the features that DJBlu brought to the table with the modified TV Server?
    The recently used MP1 TV server (aka TVE3.0) is pretty old and only is used today because the new TV Server (aka TVE3.5) is not finished yet. No new features will be implemented in TVE 3.0 as it is in code freeze. But as soon as the TVE 3.5 is ready it will replace the old TVE 3.0 completely in the MP2 environment. I don't know which modifications DJBlu has done but if they are widely useful they probably made or will make it into TVE 3.5... Best would be if @DJBlu and @mm1352000 are talking with each other about those features directly.

but it does feel somewhat limited
    Yes. MPE is limited in features due to technical restrictions MPExtended has.. Some sort of a BTN solution. Full features are only available with "native" TV in MP2...

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi.

The recently used MP1 TV server (aka TVE3.0) is pretty old and only is used today because the new TV Server (aka TVE3.5) is not finished yet. No new features will be implemented in TVE 3.0 as it is in code freeze. But as soon as the TVE 3.5 is ready it will replace the old TVE 3.0 completely in the MP2 environment. I don't know which modifications DJBlu has done but if they are widely useful they probably made or will make it into TVE 3.5... Best would be if @DJBlu and @mm1352000 are talking with each other about those features directly.

Yes. MPE is limited in features due to technical restrictions MPExtended has.. Some sort of a BTN solution. Full features are only available with "native" TV in MP2...

Thanks for the quick reply.

It would be really good if TVE 3.5 could get these enhancements incorporated as it's the only thing holding me right back now and the rest of my family as we all have a similar setup.

@ears picked up compiling these versions in the last 3 or 4 releases of MP1 as I know DJBlu hasnt been around for a while - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/djblus-custom-sky-data-grabber-for-mp1-9-onwards.127825/

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom