MP2 and picture-in-picture and remote control (new tuner card) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Nordfinn
    I could not find an english version of following page.
    • It says to install the IR driver by HcwDriverInstall.exe from the installation CD
    • After that it should be visible in system device manager as "Hauppauge Consumer Infrared Receiver"
    • To make it usable in Windows Media Center (=Windows detects it natively) the Hauppauge CIR Config Tool needs to be started
    • After that an addtional entry appears in the system device manager and MP2 should be able to use it even without mapping
    There is also a forum that deals only with the topic to make a Hauppauge IR Remote also work with other applications than WinTV.

Hope this helps.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Nordfinn
    I could not find an english version of following page.
    • It says to install the IR driver by HcwDriverInstall.exe from the installation CD
    • After that it should be visible in system device manager as "Hauppauge Consumer Infrared Receiver"
    • To make it usable in Windows Media Center (=Windows detects it natively) the Hauppauge CIR Config Tool needs to be started
    • After that an addtional entry appears in the system device manager and MP2 should be able to use it even without mapping
    There is also a forum that deals only with the topic to make a Hauppauge IR Remote also work with other applications than WinTV.

Hope this helps.
    GE--

Thanks very much. I had looked around the Happauge site and couldn't find anything like that. I downloaded and ran the Hauppauge CIR Config Tool, and it did indeed add "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" to my HID devices (as well as one "HID-compliant consumer control device" and two "HID-compliant vendor-defined devices." However, the remote is still not working with MP2 (except for volume and mute), and I can't seem to map any functions to it.

Attached, as requested, a photo of the remote control. There is no other identifying text or model number on it.

Thanks for the link to the forum. I may look it over, but for time being I think I'm through with trying to figure this out.
    N.

Attachments

• Hauppauge remote.jpg
      Hauppauge remote.jpg
      296.7 KB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks very much. I had looked around the Happauge site and couldn't find anything like that. I downloaded and ran the Hauppauge CIR Config Tool, and it did indeed add "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" to my HID devices (as well as one "HID-compliant consumer control device" and two "HID-compliant vendor-defined devices." However, the remote is still not working with MP2 (except for volume and mute), and I can't seem to map any functions to it.
    Thanks, I hoped this will work :(

Attached, as requested, a photo of the remote control. There is no other identifying text or model number on it.
    It took some time to find it, normal google search did not bring any result. It's a specific US version, there are no details on spec provided by hauppauge unfortunately. But I'm sure it must work with windows, because the tuner sepcs say "works with windows media center"

Thanks for the link to the forum. I may look it over, but for time being I think I'm through with trying to figure this out.
    N.
    If you want I could try to take a look on your PC and settings by team viewer. In case you are interested, we need to arrange a time and you need to provide your connection details (but please only by private message!)

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    If you want I could try to take a look on your PC and settings by team viewe
    If you want I could try to take a look on your PC and settings by team viewer. In case you are interested, we need to arrange a time and you need to provide your connection details (but please only by private message!)
    Thanks very much for the offer. Let me try some other things, though first.

I heard back from Hauppauge, I'm told: "The remote is just a standard IR remote control. Due to part shortages we had to start shipping that specific remote instead of the credit card remote control. "

Is it the credit-card size remote the one that you have that works out of the box?

N

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it the credit-card size remote the one that you have that works out of the box?
    I use the Hauppauge remote from the MP2 WIKI picture. The sensor is even plugged into the tuner with a 3.5mm jack plug.
    I installed the windows drivers from the Hauppauge CD and it worked without any mapping with all MP2 versions in compination with windows 7 and 10 so far.
    No, it's another remote. A friend of mine has a similar remote as yours (EU version?) and it also works out of the box.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I’m at my living room HTPC now. I’ve a „Hauppauge Consumer Infrared Receiver“ and „Microsoft eHome-Infraredtransceiver“ in Windows device Manager under HID devices.
    I think this is also the case for you now. But I do not have any IR tool from hauppauge in tray bar. Try to close such program or kill it from task manager. It might “steel” the signals from windows.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    I’m at my living room HTPC now. I’ve a „Hauppauge Consumer Infrared Receiver“ and „Microsoft eHome-Infraredtransceiver“ in Windows device Manager under HID devices.
    I think this is also the case for you now. But I do not have any IR tool from hauppauge in tray bar. Try to close such program or kill it from task manager. It might “steel” the signals from windows.
    Yeah, I already tried closing that tool. Doesn't work. Just means no functions with either program, MP2 or MediaPortal. But thanks.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    One final thing: Shouldn't the listing on the downloads page showing that MP2 has picture-in-picture capability be changed? It's misleading. The expectation that this is true was one thing that led me to get a new tuner card.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One final thing: Shouldn't the listing on the downloads page showing that MP2 has picture-in-picture capability be changed? It's misleading. The expectation that this is true was one thing that led me to get a new tuner card.
    We don't change the SW description, because something is not immediately working. If it worked in the past, it should also work now and we need to find the reason for that :) @Lehmden was indeed right, PiP was working and I found some related threads. In the end I realized, that the PiP button just disappeared, because nobody was using and missing it. You are the first person realizing about it ;)
    When I switched the skin to WMC, I found it.
    1632776422162.png

Try it once by switching the PiP button on in WMC skin please. I'll see why it disappeared in Nereus, if it works in principle.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here you are. It works :)
    I quickly added a second IPTV tuner and searched for channels. After that I switched on PiP in MiniEPG and starting another channel opens it in another small window. Now its posible to toggle between both channels.
    1632776989428.png

I'll fix it for Nereus skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom