MP2 - Back Key on MCE Remote (1 Viewer)

megabte

Portal Member
August 24, 2011
Home Country
Hi,

Just installed MP2.

In mp1, the back key on my MCE remote used to do the equivalent of ESCAPE, this does not appear to be the case in MP2 and its frustrating.

Spent some time googling and cant find any info on changing remote type or re-mapping buttons.

Pause button doesnt even work!!

M.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    this does not appear to be the case in MP2
    This is the case in MP2 too. I'm using MP2 for a very long time now and the back button always worked.

Pause button doesnt even work
    This also is not true in general. I'm using MP2 for a very long time now and the pause button always worked.

So there is something meshed up with your system and/or remote... But without any further informations we can't help you. Please fill out the system specs and post log files.

megabte

Portal Member
    August 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Before we get to that - where are the settings for the remote ? I couldn't find them anywhere.

This system worked fine with MP1.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    where are the settings for the remote ?
    There are none, as they are not needed. The MCE remote is working ootb. For all others you need IRSS that brings an own configuration. Have a look at the wiki for further informations.

This system worked fine with MP1
    MP1 and MP2 are completely different products and they have nothing in common (excerpt for the TV Engine)...

megabte

Portal Member
    August 24, 2011
    Home Country
    The system has been formatted and clean loaded. Windows 10. Hardware is an Intel NUC.

Chrome and Mediaportal 2 are the only installs.

Please close the MP1 "MediaPortal Tray Launcher" and try again.
    mrj
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443950059][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi all.

Issue resolved - sorry to waste everyone's time. The issue was that I had a proper MCE IR receiver plugged in to my NUC not knowing there was ALSO an IR receiver built in - the rebuild of Windows clearly changed the priority of the receivers so that windows was using the inbuilt one - which was not working due to the wrong type being set in the bios (was set to BASIC rather than RC 6)

Hope this helps someone else.

M.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom