[solved] MP2 Client not playing backend videos but TV working fine on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, let's try to fish a little bit in the dark: your event log shows the following error message:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID

I searched for this error and it appears to be related to an incomplete installation of some Apple software. This link explains how to repair your setup. I have absolutely no idea if your video problems are due to such missing access rights, but you shopuld anyway apply the sugegsted steps to get rid of the access issues.

rrroonn

Portal Member
    December 14, 2017
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What a nest of vipers! anyway ...

I did those changes and rebooted but no improvement on the situation. I note that VLC has no issues playing those files over the network.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I note that VLC has no issues playing those files over the network.
    You can not compare VLC with DirectShow players like WMP, MPC-HC or MediaPortal as VLC ignores the Windows DS system by using it's own stuff. The advantage is, VLC is very foolproof but the picture quality of the video is poor compared to the picture quality of any DS player... I always have VLC installed but only to test if a video can be played at all. If it can not be played in VLC you instantly can dump it, nothing to rescue... And VLC can use various protocols to stream a video in the network where any DS player only can use SMB. So you even can not compare this.

rrroonn

Portal Member
    December 14, 2017
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi.

You can not compare VLC with DirectShow players like WMP, MPC-HC ...

Fair enough, just thought it might be relevant. The videos also play using "Windows Media Player" and "Movies & TV" in case that's relevant.
    Just trying to provide as much information as I can.

thank you for your help.

Ron

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The videos also play using "Windows Media Player"
    This you can compare as WMP uses the same DirectShow system than MP. So the basic playback capabilities are there and the issue most likely has to be somewhere in the way MP is configured on this client system..

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @rrroonn , if I understand your description correctly, it is only this particular PC that doesn't work correctly.

The log does show some other issues:
    [2017-12-16 03:23:13,871] [2797 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - NetworkNeighborhoodResourceProvider: No credential registered for the root path; using Network Service account as fallback
    Did you enter credentials for the server shares? The fact that you access your shares in the client's file explorer doesn't mean that MP2 can as it operates under a different user context for which you possibly need to provide credentials.

Then there is
    [2017-12-16 03:23:18,178] [7103 ] [29 ] [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming unicast UDP packet. Error message: 'No end of HTTP header marker found.'
    MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.InvalidDataException: No end of HTTP header marker found.
    which I don't know how to interpret.

The main problem still is
    [2017-12-16 03:23:37,742] [26667 ] [Thread112] [WARN ] - MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer: Unable to play 'Resource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///F:/video/movies/Action/Bourne/The Bourne Ultimatum.mp4' at system '40815dc7-f6b8-49af-ae75-36869b9561cf'
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007007E): The specified module could not be found.
    which points to some DirectShow file not being present. You could use the Dependency Walker to check if anything is missing. I never used this myself, so I can't exactly tell you what to do. You may want to give it a try to see if it comes up with anything tangible.

rrroonn

Portal Member
    December 14, 2017
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    1. I checked network credentials and entered them, but this made no change.
    2. I did try Dependency Walker, but that is a sea of yellow and red and I am unsure how to interpret or even if I am using it right. I did try a sample dll which appears to come from VC15 redist. I tried downloading and installing x32 an x64 versions but neither would install as it said another version was already installed.
    3. I did do a DISM check and SFC scan with no errors.
    4. Your comment "some DirectShow file not being present" did tweak my interest and googling this pointed to the possibility of missing filters. I then manually downloaded and installed the latest LAV filter pack and this solved the issue. I guess that there must have been some problem with the original installation of these.

Thank you for you assistance as it was invaluable to getting this solved - greatly appreciated.

thanks you

Ron

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I then manually downloaded and installed the latest LAV filter pack and this solved the issue.
    While I am glad that you have been able to sort this out, I am wondering what went wrong. The MP2 setup installs LAV 0.70.2 - and should return an error if this wasn't possible.

Anyway, enjoy MP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom