MP2 Client Screen Flickering on Resume (1 Viewer)

PN23

Portal Member
November 25, 2019
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
I am running a standalone setup using and AMD/ATI graphics card connected by HDMI to a TV and everything is working pretty well other than a screen flickering issue.

This only occurs when the MP2 client is running and can be re-produced by changing the channel on the TV (to move from the HDMI input connected to the PC to any other input for any length of time and then moving back to the PC HDMI input) or by resuming the PC from sleep/suspend.

Nothing is displayed on the screen at all - it is black and just flickers on and off and this only happens if the MP2 client is running when the TV input is changed or the PC suspended.

This is the exact same rig that I have used flawlessly running Windows Media Center for years without this issue. Does anyone have any ideas or pointers?

I have disabled all AMD/ATI services and applications from starting at boot.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello,

This only occurs when the MP2 client is running and can be re-produced by changing the channel on the TV (to move from the HDMI input connected to the PC to any other input for any length of time and then moving back to the PC HDMI input) or by resuming the PC from sleep/suspend.
    The "Black screen" problem was introduced with Windows 1709 and is linked to how the DirectShow parts of MediaPortal operate.

There is no perfect cure to the issue but you can try the following:
    • Change the Windows volume up and down
    • Press the Windows key on your keyboard
    • Bring any other window to the front
    • Toggle MP2 from full screen to windowed mode (Alt-Enter on keyboard).
    On my system I resolved the black screen upon resume by defining a scheduler task (executed on resume only) that just opens a cmd windows and closes it again. However, if you switch off the HDMI, the screen will definitely go black and you will need to use one of the above possibilities to bring it back.

P.S.: We invite the new members to fill in their hardware specifications in their user profile and set it to visible.

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Thanks @HTPCSourcer

I will create a scheduled task and see how I get on with that - I have just been using Alt-F4 until now to quit the MP2 client.

Have created some systems specs in my profile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 68
    ge2301 Android based client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 3
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    C Streaming to clients over Wifi. MP1 or MP2? Newcomers Forum 0
    R [solved] MP2 Client ist extrem langsam Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 5
    Testudo TV Wiedergabe funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    G [fixed] [MP2-811] Forced client wake-up at 2:00 2.2 Archive 32
    N [solved] When MP2-Client is trying to register credentials, it uses the wrong machine name MediaPortal 2 7
    Lehmden MP2 client for Windows 10 ARM, possible? Maybe an UWP version could do the trick... MediaPortal 2 11
    N [will not fix] Changed settings do not take effect until MP2-Client is stopped and restarted. Submit: Bug Reports 4
    A Help! MP2 - DVB-T Not recognised (DRIVERS?) General 12
    J [solved] Clients do not see available MP2 server in the network General 3
    Patrik-See Win 10 Benutzer bei verschiedenen Clients Betriebssysteme 4
    D [solved] "Remote Resources" folder ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client General 7
    D Cheap MP2 client spec - Dell Optiplex Barebones and commercial HTPC's 24
    P MP2 - V2.1 MP2 computer (client/server) cuts Win10 network communications Older releases 0
    J MP2 2.1.3 client network broadcast crippling other systems on network Submit: Bug Reports 29
    N Client for Mp2 Win10 General 8
    mp2-ulrich [solved] MP 2.2.3 spielt nur manche Sender Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    catalpa Bug MP2-837 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0