MP2 Client Screen Flickering on Resume (1 Viewer)

PN23

Portal Member
November 25, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am running a standalone setup using and AMD/ATI graphics card connected by HDMI to a TV and everything is working pretty well other than a screen flickering issue.

This only occurs when the MP2 client is running and can be re-produced by changing the channel on the TV (to move from the HDMI input connected to the PC to any other input for any length of time and then moving back to the PC HDMI input) or by resuming the PC from sleep/suspend.

Nothing is displayed on the screen at all - it is black and just flickers on and off and this only happens if the MP2 client is running when the TV input is changed or the PC suspended.

This is the exact same rig that I have used flawlessly running Windows Media Center for years without this issue. Does anyone have any ideas or pointers?

I have disabled all AMD/ATI services and applications from starting at boot.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

This only occurs when the MP2 client is running and can be re-produced by changing the channel on the TV (to move from the HDMI input connected to the PC to any other input for any length of time and then moving back to the PC HDMI input) or by resuming the PC from sleep/suspend.
    The "Black screen" problem was introduced with Windows 1709 and is linked to how the DirectShow parts of MediaPortal operate.

There is no perfect cure to the issue but you can try the following:
    • Change the Windows volume up and down
    • Press the Windows key on your keyboard
    • Bring any other window to the front
    • Toggle MP2 from full screen to windowed mode (Alt-Enter on keyboard).
    On my system I resolved the black screen upon resume by defining a scheduler task (executed on resume only) that just opens a cmd windows and closes it again. However, if you switch off the HDMI, the screen will definitely go black and you will need to use one of the above possibilities to bring it back.

P.S.: We invite the new members to fill in their hardware specifications in their user profile and set it to visible.

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks @HTPCSourcer

I will create a scheduled task and see how I get on with that - I have just been using Alt-F4 until now to quit the MP2 client.

Have created some systems specs in my profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom