MP2 client will not start (1 Viewer)

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I was pretty excited to try the newest alpha release. I've installed everything including all the prerequisites. Everything installs fine with no errors, but when I try to start the client, it loads the splash screen and that's it. Just vanishes. No errors on screen, nothing. I did see a brief error message once, but it disappeared so fast I couldn't make out what it said.

The system specs in my profile are for my main MediaPortal machine, not for my test box which is what I installed this on.

Specs:
AMD FX4100
8GB RAM
Win7 64 Bit
ATI HD4550 graphics

I've attached a zip file of all the logs.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi kkozma,
    It seems that there is a problem with your slim tv plugin. Is it possible that you installed both of them (I.e. the SlimTVNative and the SlimTVMPExtended plugin)? There may only be one tv plugin at the same time.
    Michael

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    I haven't installed any plug-ins that I'm aware of. I downloaded the MSI installer, clicked server and client, installed, and then tried to open the client.

Last edited:

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    That's strange. The first error in your error log is about the SlimTVExtendedProvider and I thought this was not included in the installer... @morpheus_xx am I wrong?
    But apart from that: do you want to use MP2 for watching TV? If yes: do you want to use your MP1 TVServer for it or do you want to use the MP2 Native TVServer plugin?
    If you don't want to watch tv, you can delete every directory starting with slimtv in your plugin directory and then try to start mp2 client again.
    Michael

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    I would like to try to use the native tv server with it.

If I remove SlimTVClient from the plugins folder, the client will start.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    If you want to use the native tv, then you have to remove the SlimTVMPExtendedProvider plugin directory, which is only needed if you use the mp1 tv server (via MPExtended).

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    The only way it'll start is if I remove the SlimTVClient directory. It won't start any other way.

I'll attach some more logs for you.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Looks like there is something missing for the SlimTvClient plugin. Could you please list the directories starting with SlimTv in their name and the files contained in them? Will try to reproduce over the weekend.
    Thanks, Michael

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    No problem. Here's a text file with all three directories. I put the SlimTVMPExtendedProvider directory back in for this purpose.

Attachments

• files.txt
      48.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom