MP2 - Spring'16 MP2 Configuration error (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've just got a new PC (ASUS) running Windows 10. I've installed MP2 from

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-weekly-snapshot-2016-08-20.134986/

following advice when MP2 misbehaved on the PC I have just replaced. Yesterday I could receive terrestrial TV on it and record to my hard drive.

Now I can't get the MP2 Configuration program to run. I've tried Repairing twice, but this has not solved the problem.

I get an error box

Capture.JPG

Can you offer advice on fixing this problem, please.

Cheers

Ralph

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Sorry mrj, I forgot about posting the collected logs. Here they are now.

Cheers

Ralph

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You have issues with the IP settings of your server... In the database there is a different IP Address stored than your server recently has.
    [2016-11-25 23:00:59,826] [1390 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.0.4
    [2016-11-25 23:00:59,888] [1453 ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you Lehmden. How do I resolve this issue of different IP addresses, please?

Cheers

Ralph

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Normally this only is the case if you are using an "old" database on a "new" system. In general the hostname (the name of the pc as shown in network neighborhood) should be used inside the database, not the IP. Do you have changed the hostname of your PC lately?
    Here is a shot how my TV database is looking ("Kirk" is the hostname of my system)...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

This only fails if the hostname of the pc is different to the one it has when you've installed MP2...

After stopping the MP2 Server you can delete the old database file found in "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db". On next start MP2 is creating a new database so you can start configuring again. Program Data normally is a hidden folder, so be sure you can see such in explorer.
    And be sure to export your settings once you're finished with the configuration. This way you can rebuild the database in no time if such issues are raising again...

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you for this, Lehmden. Unfortunately, there were problems.

I deleted the database, as suggested and then ran MP2 Configuration to make a new database.
    This came up with a dialogue box
    Capture.JPG

When I pressed "Test" the "Save" button became active. When I pressed "Save" the "Test" button became active, and so it went on. The new database was, however, not formed.

I have now uninstalled MP2, deleted all the Program Data for it and re-installed MP2. So far it is working.

Thanks again for your help and inspiration.

Cheers

Ralph

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    How do you managed to show this screen??? I never have seen it before as TV inside MP2 did not use an own database engine but the one that comes from MP2 server...
    I know this screen from MP1 but without the SQLite option.In MP2 I never saw this...

@morpheus_xx ... Have you seen this before?

A fresh installation indeed seems to be the best...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you seen this before?
    The dialog yes, I had to add SQLite option there. IIRC it is only shown if there is no default provider inside gentle.config listed or the file is missing at all.

That it is not working correctly I didn't experience yet though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom