[solved] MP2 crashes after start: Unhandled exception in application (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Morpheus,

I'm interested in one thing. Could you completely recover the bug on your side by only adding the database?
    Please let me know, if I can check or try anything further to solve the problem. :unsure:

For me the thing is little bit strange, because no other user is complaining with same issue.
    Could be, that not so many people installed the new version with TV-server yet or it depends also on other parameters (OS, drivers, etc.)

Ge2301

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, for me it works. If you like I can check your system using TeamViewer, PM me if you want.

nacrotek

December 21, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am experiencing the same issue. Once I install the SlimTV plugin the service fails to start up.
    I have tried installing the database that morpheus_xx attached but the error remains.

From the Windows event viewer:
    Application: MP2-Server.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
    Stack:
    at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.TvServiceThread.DoStart()
    at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.TvServiceThread+<>c__DisplayClass3.<Start>b__2()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please do following steps:
    • Stop MP2-Server (if running)
    • Delete file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE.s3db
    • Delete folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore
    • Check that the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service\Database\MP2TVE.s3db exists (is contained in latest published plugin and the post above)
    • Start MP2-Server
    The first start of the SlimTv.Service will restore the MP2TVE.s3db file in the required folders and then it should work like expected.

nacrotek

December 21, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yep, doing so got me past that issue.
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom