[Blog] MP2 development progress (1 Viewer)

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
are there any intentions to make it work on linux? or is windows a must for mp2?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    What about auto-update? Will this be a feature in MP2?

Been using Mediaportal for 6 years, and has been missing this feature.

Although the installation of Plugins has been improved, I still miss one big feature.

Automatic Updates of Mediaportal + Plugins.

Don't know how many hours I have used looking through the forums for never versions of my installed plugins.

Futhermore i think the plugin section on the homepage is very outdated.

This section should be more like Mozilla's/Google browsers plugin sections - where plugins is easy to install a search for - Also to see popularity and reviews.

Over the years I have seen great improvement to the Mediaportal installer - Today it is almost a One-click-installer - Mediaportal Extension installer has been improved slightly, but has still not reached its full potential.

Still thinks Mediaportal is the best Mediacenter software - Hopefuly ease of installation and maintenance/updates is a feature to see in MP2:)

/Morten

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Don't know how many hours I have used looking through the forums for never versions of my installed plugins.
    A plain "Autoupdate feature" wont help.
    Simply because there is no central point from where the plugins get "checked-in".
    They are posted in forums as attachments (very ugly), google code, some private website and in our own repository (from which we can easiely check for new versions).

I agree that the funcionality as we now from i.e firefox would be great to have in MP2. :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    +1 on autoupdate.

Indeed firefox has the best autoupdate system i have seen ever, for firefox itself and its plugins.

I think that if a correct system was created, plugin and skin developers wouldnt mind uploading to repostory as well as using any other method they already do (forum, google code, etc)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    How about creating a format for an update.xml file?
    Then skin/plugin people could just provide a location for that file that an MP repository could keep track of and update ther own xml file with the required details...
    i.e. Repository entry: TVSeries|http://whatever.xml -> whatever.xml: name|version|fileLocation

You get the idea...

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Are there any plans for another blog post?

It would be nice to hear how developing is progressing and what major features are planned for MP2.

Also it would be good to open set of forums for MP2, so not all discussions would be in that thread.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm guessing "all" will be reveled after the release of MP 1.1.0 or maybe 1.2.0 since that "just" popped up in the roadmap.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also it would be good to open set of forums for MP2, so not all discussions would be in that thread.
    There will be public forums as soon as there is a official testbuild for you guys. :)

Currently a lot of discussions are goinig on inside the team - just to let you know that there is progess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom