MP2 DLNA status? (1 Viewer)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    I'm looking into the uPnP AV and DLNA stuff at the moment to see what functionality is the same or similar and what is different and whats required.
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though.
    Certification isnt cheap either!
    That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;)
    all media available to everyone in the house
    Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything exactly the same and sometimes even have custom extensions to DLNA standard.
    DLNA Requirement [7.3.30-37]
    I think you need to pay a license to get access to the documentation. If you search the internet really thoroughly you can find it though. The developer that wrote that is no longer active but I guess he had access to that documentation.
    //TODO: Unknown how to implement this
    This has low priority. Basically it works but needs to be tested with different devices and some bug fixing will also be needed.
    I see the PS3 media server source is online which might shed some light although its in Java, its shouldn't be too hard to convert to C#?
    This site also has some DLNA code
    As I said, it should basically work but needs testing. If we find bugs though, we could maybe find the solution in that code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I wanted to watch something on UK Channel 4+1 I found that the channel had moved. Actually, loads of channels had moved. So I did a rescan on both my tuners but found that pretty much none of the channels...
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Import stuck DE
    Full permission is necessary. For me I set no protection on my NAS and activated cretidentials anyway, just left username and password empty.
    Full permission is necessary. For me I set no protection on my NAS and activated cretidentials anyway, just left username and...
    I am kind of at my wits end, I have been working on this since Friday using TMM to manage the data files and then trying to import...
    Replies
    Views
    Now I finally have DVB-S EPG grabbing working! In the configuration I had selected only the languages that I am interested in. Now I have changed that to all languages and now I have EPG working! Regards, Bart
    Now I finally have DVB-S EPG grabbing working! In the configuration I had selected only the languages that I am interested in. Now...
    Sooo I'm looking to convert over from DVBlogic to a new solution to watch TV throughout the house, Mediaportal looks like just the...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for your help.
    Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for your help.
    Hi, previous user of Nebula DigiTV here, changed to MP2 with a TBS6205 DVB-T2/T/C Quad Tuner last week. After finding that some of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom