MP2 DLNA status? (1 Viewer)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm looking into the uPnP AV and DLNA stuff at the moment to see what functionality is the same or similar and what is different and whats required.
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though.
    Certification isnt cheap either!
    That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;)
    all media available to everyone in the house
    Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything exactly the same and sometimes even have custom extensions to DLNA standard.
    DLNA Requirement [7.3.30-37]
    I think you need to pay a license to get access to the documentation. If you search the internet really thoroughly you can find it though. The developer that wrote that is no longer active but I guess he had access to that documentation.
    //TODO: Unknown how to implement this
    This has low priority. Basically it works but needs to be tested with different devices and some bug fixing will also be needed.
    I see the PS3 media server source is online which might shed some light although its in Java, its shouldn't be too hard to convert to C#?
    This site also has some DLNA code
    As I said, it should basically work but needs testing. If we find bugs though, we could maybe find the solution in that code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom