[solved] MP2 doesnt play anything - player missing? (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

A few days ago my computer crashed, the SSD with Windows 10, and Mediaportal 1 stopped working, so I had to reinstall Windows 10 completely.

After a fresh reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro on a brand new SSD in my HTPC, Installed the drivers of the DD Octopus DVB cards and after that I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade to MediaPortal 2.

Installation was plain and simple (client and server on 1 HTPC)
    Ran the TV Channels scan procedure, worked fine
    Made sure the Alphacrypt cam was turned on, in both the DD cards and in MP2 TV Setup, all seems normal.

Started MP2, clicked on the TV Icon at the top, opened TV guide, clicked one of the channels to start watching.. nothing happens!
    When I click on the question mark that appears I get this message:

(translated from dutch)
    No Player

There is no player registered for playing media item "Live4-0.ts.tsbuffer"

I checked Windows Media Player was installed, and it was not, but after installing Windows Media Player and restarting the HTPC, this problem remains the same.

I also checked LAV filters were correctly set, all seems normal

I also cannot watch movies or play audio, everything seems to relate to the fact there is not Media Player attached to MP2, but I cannot find any setting to correct this situation.

What do I miss here? What should I do to correct this situation.

Will try MediaPortal 1, to see if it works there.

Logs attached

Thanks!

[EDIT MAY 31 2019]:
    Installed the normal Windows 10 Pro, instead of Windows 10 N, and everything works fine now...

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-05-30-16.53.21.zip
      983.9 KB
    Last edited:

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think I know what the problem is.. I installed Windows 10 N, which I thought was the dutch version, but after a quick google search I found out its a windows version without the Media stuff...

Will add de Media Pack, available on the windows website. Let you know if that helps

[EDIT MAY 31, 2019] installing the Media Pack did not work, as there is no Pack for the current build, so I did another clean install of the normal Windows 10 Pro, everything works fine now

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom