MP2-Edit - A MediaPortal 2 Media Library Editor (3 Viewers)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    to point 2 again. At the moment i have got this problem, that there is one movie and i dont know which file is it. And i think other user may have the same problems, so that this is one nessesary feature of an edit tool ;-).

Maybe you colud make a mouseover Info somewhere :) So there is no need for more space, and the user got the information.

Bild1.png

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    An idea about 2) (file Name, ...) how about a simple ellipsis button [...] that opens a popup/Dialog with detailed Information like file Name, ... I also find it usefull to have a "open in Explorer" button next to a file Name.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    As long as MP2-Edit still accesses the database directly, I fear this (2.) is not a good idea. We don't store the simple path, we only store the 'ResourcePath' (which is what Lehmden describes as lots of Guids) and without those Guids, the rest may not make sense. It may well be that this ResourcePath points to a file within an ISO or zip file...

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... look at my picture. How should i correct this moviename? I donk know which file is it...
    I thought for this is the edit tool :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As told before, in the next (two) weeks I'm to busy to work on this. But when I can start working on MP2-Edit I think I will find a solution. So please be patient and until then, try to look at the file system. I always find the wrongly recognised files with my own eyes... And just to be clear. If you would have used tagged MKV this would not happen at all...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.5.2 online. Sorry, but the music part (and for this v 0.6) is not ready jet.

Aside some little bugfixes now MP2-Edit is working with a temporary database. For this the MP2 server only needs to be stopped for some seconds at the beginning and another time at the end of the usage of MP2-Edit. So Live-TV and/or scheduled recordings can run while you are working with MP2-Edit. Modifications done to the media library in meantime by other user actions (like saving the playcount of stuff someone is watching with MP2 while you are working on the ML) are lost this way. This did NOT affect the TV part, as TV has it's own database. I believe this is the minor issue compared to have a completely unusable MP2 during the work with MP2-Edit.

And I've added the path to the selected video to the movies view, so a user who wants to know which video belongs to the selected movie can see this here. This only is showing useful results if the video is on a "real" path. If it's inside an iso file or a zip archive, the shown path isn't valid...

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

i have some double entrys if movies have cd1 and cd2. Is there a way to join them, so that is there only one entry in my database?
    And some entrys are double, but there is only one movie. Could you add a option to delete them please.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    i have some double entrys if movies have cd1 and cd2. Is there a way to join them, so that is there only one entry in my database?
    ATM there are no way to join stacked movies in MP2. For technical reasons this is something that could not be added before the MIA rework is finished. Probably you really can move them into a single file (e.G. with MKV Buddy). It's a matter of some seconds...

And some entrys are double, but there is only one movie. Could you add a option to delete them please.
    As long as you don't find the reason why those movies are added twice to the ML, they will appear again on every refresh. So an option to delete them inside of MP2-Edit is not useful. Similar to the fanart options where you can replace unwanted fanart as those will be downloaded again on next refresh, if you delete them. For now I don't think a pretty dangerous option to delete entries is nothing I would want to have in MP2-Edit.

If you can not find which file is the false match the best is to remove both from the share and trigger a reimport. Now both movies should not be there any longer. Then you can add the movie to your share again and do another reimport. Now all should be fine. If there are still two entries, you have an issue on this movie, probably extra files like samples are inside your folder...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    While looking to the way to have MP2-Edit create NFO files I found a bug
    (How do you get it to create the files for Movies? )

Anyways, double click a movie and a sub menu of the movie shows up with a tt#
    Click on the TT# link
    Movie_DoubleClick.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    How do you get it to create the files for Movies?
    This s not a part of MP2-Edit at all. This has to be done before the movie is imported into the ML. To create .nfo you can use tools like tinyMediaManger or Ember or (for MKV only) MKV Buddy. The job of MP2-Edit starts after the media is imported. Maybe later when I don't have any other things to do I can add such an export function, but for now there is much more basic stuff to implement....

Click on the TT# link
    You got me This is for internal use only (to separate different movies with the same name in the list). Sadly there is no way to disable this doubleclick at all. So simply don't do it, there is no functionality available here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom