[fixed] MP2 Importer Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
When did you start your last import?
With all the latest modifications I started the importer around midnight (12.12).

Thats probably the reason, why you have no thumbnails.
I just noticed I am missing some covers (fanart) but maybe you are right that some thumbnails are missing as well.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With all the latest modifications I started the importer around midnight (12.12).
    Then the logs are full of OOM warnings again when it comes to creating of thumbnails.

I just noticed I am missing some covers (fanart) but maybe you are right that some thumbnails are missing as well.
    Probably the OOM errors also affect the download of posters and other FanArt. But this needs to be checked by the experts here.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    With all the changes installed so far the importer now went through without any Server Errors!
    However the GUI crashed in the morning and I am also missing a lot of covers for recognized tv shows now.
    Thanks, I can't see the crash in the logs, it looks like the client was closed manually at 6.07 this morning? I may have introduced the missing covers issue but can you double check that they are still missing after a restart of the client?
    2018-12-12 01:50:42,398] [7823004] [132 ] [WARN ] - ImageProcessorThumbnailProvider: Error loading bitmapSource from file data stream
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
    at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
    at MediaPortal.Extensions.MetadataExtractors.GDIThumbnailProvider.GDIThumbnailProvider.GetThumbnail(Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean cachedOnly, Byte[]& imageData, ImageType& imageType)
    Annoyingly Image.FromStream throws OOM exceptions when the image stream is invalid, which has nothing to do with the system being out of memory. Without any other symptoms I expect that this is the case here.
    @ge2301 There are some errors relating to skin files that you probably need to check ;)
    Code:
    [2018-12-12 01:19:00,772] [13174328] [InputMgr ] [DEBUG] - ScreenManager: Loading screen from file path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\screens\CurrentlyPlayingImage.xaml'...
    [2018-12-12 01:19:00,778] [13174334] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - ScreenManager: Error loading screen 'CurrentlyPlayingImage' in resource bundle 'BlueVision', falling back to resource bundle 'Theme 'default' of skin 'default''
    MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\screens\CurrentlyPlayingImage.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\screens\master_bare_players.xaml' ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 176, position 13.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks, I can't see the crash in the logs, it looks like the client was closed manually at 6.07 this morning? I may have introduced the missing covers issue but can you double check that they are still missing after a restart of the client?
    Jup still missing, see screenshot.
    Will a ReImport of shares fix this issue as MP2 will detects missing images?
    Database is now at 5.6GB

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Import is finished, I now see more banners in the SERIES menu, however a lot are still missing.
    The series is recognized, they are popular series and they have fanart. Band of Brothers, Mr. Robot just to name 2.
    What should I do to get them?

the only error in the ServerError.log after the import is now a SQL Error:

Code:
    [2018-12-12 21:17:09,410] [6134447] [132      ] [ERROR] - MediaLibrary: Error adding or updating media item(s) in path '{03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}://// [...] >{112728b1-f71d-4284-9e5c-3462e8d3c74d}:///'
    code = Error (1), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007BF): SQL logic error
    near "WHERE": syntax error
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at MediaPortal.Backend.Services.MediaLibrary.MIA_Management.AddOrUpdateMIA(ITransaction transaction, Guid mediaItemId, MediaItemAspect mia, Boolean add)
       at MediaPortal.Backend.Services.MediaLibrary.MediaLibrary.AddOrUpdateMediaItem(ISQLDatabase database, ITransaction transaction, MediaItemAspect pra, Guid mediaItemId, IEnumerable`1 mediaItemAspects, Boolean wasCreated)
       at MediaPortal.Backend.Services.MediaLibrary.MediaLibrary.AddOrUpdateMediaItem(ISQLDatabase database, ITransaction transaction, Guid parentDirectoryId, String systemId, ResourcePath path, Nullable`1 existingMediaItemId, Nullable`1 newMediaItemId, IEnumerable`1 mediaItemAspects, Boolean isRefresh)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What should I do to get them?
    You can try re-importing each series individually, a full share refresh won't work. Open the context menu on a series and select reimport.
    the only error in the ServerError.log after the import is now a SQL Error:
    Thanks, this seems like a different issue relating to iso files, I'll look into it.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You can try re-importing each series individually, a full share refresh won't work. Open the context menu on a series and select reimport.
    Ah that worked, I did not know there was a context menu.
    2 Series still could not be found, I look into that later...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I already reduced the amount of stuff it keeps in memory in the previous changes I posted, so the memory footprint shouldn't be that big (only a couple of guids for every item to collect fanart for) but it does try to allocate two very long arrays when saving the settings which probably causes the issues when memory is already tight. One of those allocations is unnecessary so I've removed it and I'll also batch up the settings saving so it does it less frequently.
    Anything that you would like to push to 2.2.1 or is it still WiP?

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'd like to test if the external thumb creation by ffmpeg.exe works better for your case than the OCV version.
    @morpheus_xx Is this something I would need todo now after every update or will it be part of a new release? Will this be a general change for everybody?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom