MP2 install help (1 Viewer)

itauditor

Portal Member
November 26, 2010
Orlando
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am amazed that anyone is using MP2 at all - the directions for installing are so messed up.

I have been trying for hours reading the directions - no luck.

When is someone going to clarify a basic install for using the TV server. Along with configuring it?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have been trying for hours reading the directions
    Maybe try this directions first:
    A new wiki is currently redone for MP2, I hope this will make first time use of MP easier to understand.

If you have more precise question feel free to ask, usually you will get help here quickly :)

Thommy56

February 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

could anyone help me. I try very hard to install MP2 but there is no way. It always aborts with any failures. I attache the current logfile.
    I have all recommended current system software on my PC (Windows 7 SP 1). MP1 works well.

Thanks in advance.

Thommy56

February 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After installation of DX9 full Setup still the same problem, perhaps with one difference. I'm hinted at that there is another installation in progress and I should end this.
    The problem is, there is no further installation in progress. at least no-one I know about.

Mark Miller

March 21, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm hinted at that there is another installation in progress and I should end this.

In Windows 7 64-bit I have seen install programs for various applications not end correctly and you can only find them in Task Manager - and if they are related to Windows itself, rebooting the PC may not work because the installs are liable to restart automatically - in the background, hidden from view.

1. Open Task Manager (right-click task bar, select "Start Task Manager" from menu.
    2. In Task Manager (TM), go to "Processes", then click "Show Processes from All Users".
    3. Click the "Description" column header to sort list by description.
    4. Carefully look through the list of processes for the word "Install" - when you find the culprit (may be more than one)
    5. Right-click each install process you find and select "End Task" from the menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom