MP2-Server.exe automatic start of Windows service fails (1 Viewer)

Midniteman

Portal Member
July 15, 2017
Germany Germany
I just did a fresh Win7 and MP2 installation. All OS and application settings on default. After starting up Windows, the MP2 service (autostart) takes about two minutes to start up, while the network tray icon is "busy/connecting" all the time.

If I set the service to manual start, the network icon will show "connected" right after Windows has started. Then I start the service manually and it starts within a few seconds.

If I set the service to delayed start, it won't start at all.

The logs show that the service takes minutes to start because it can't connect to the internet. I already tried changing the Windows firewall settings and even completely disabled the firewall --> no effect, same behaviour.

Any idea?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Hi,
    Can you post your logs please, use the log collector tool that should be on your desktop and post the resultant zip file file here.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Thanks, I think your issue is slightly different. The server tries to download some language info from thetvdb.com during startup, either it was unreachable or the request was causing a conflict with your (probably not fully initialized) network adapter, and the startup wasn't completed until this request timed out, causing the long delay.

I have reworked it to try and avoid any web requests during startup - can you install the build from here and see if it resolves your issue?
    EDIT: Changes are included in the 2.1.1 release, so try that and see if it resolves your issue.

Last edited:

Midniteman

Portal Member
    July 15, 2017
    Germany Germany
    Thank you so much, now it works perfectly! :)
    Is there a difference between the tinyurl-Build and the 2.1.1 Release?

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Is there a difference between the tinyurl-Build and the 2.1.1 Release?
    Probably not. Check any log file: the most recent version should show these entries at the top:

ApplicationCore: Version: 2.1.1707.10312
    ApplicationCore: Source: MP2.1.1_Final-f9acc7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Lehmden [WiP] [MP2-824] DLNA Server functionality MediaPortal 2 27
    R [fixed] [MP2-819] MP2 Server crashes on ATSC OTA channel scan Submit: Bug Reports 33
    J [fixed] [MP2-833] 2.2.2 server crash during import Submit: Bug Reports 50
    P MP2 TV Server crashes when starting - throws error remoting exception General 2
    raffe How do I setup MP2 as an UPnP server? General 3
    Tim [further infos missing] MP2 Server crashes on channel scan 2.2 Archive 9
    A Help! MP2 - DVB-T Not recognised (DRIVERS?) General 12
    joecool70 [solved] Installationsprobleme: MP2-Server failed to start Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 25
    BlueMax1916 [Question] What does MP2 Server Service have to do with ...microsoft.com/filestreamingservice...? MediaPortal 2 3
    J [solved] Clients do not see available MP2 server in the network General 3
    Patrik-See Win 10 Benutzer bei verschiedenen Clients Betriebssysteme 4
    K MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-763] Interface configuration for RTSP streaming server lost on every restart Older releases 6
    P MP2 - V2.1 MP2 computer (client/server) cuts Win10 network communications Older releases 0
    ge2301 Kodi Plugin for MP2 TV Server MediaPortal 2 11
    mp2-ulrich [solved] MP 2.2.3 spielt nur manche Sender Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 68
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    catalpa Bug MP2-837 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    ge2301 Android based client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 3
    R MP2 GUI Issues General 7
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8