MP2-Server.exe automatic start of Windows service fails (1 Viewer)

Midniteman

Portal Member
July 15, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
I just did a fresh Win7 and MP2 installation. All OS and application settings on default. After starting up Windows, the MP2 service (autostart) takes about two minutes to start up, while the network tray icon is "busy/connecting" all the time.

If I set the service to manual start, the network icon will show "connected" right after Windows has started. Then I start the service manually and it starts within a few seconds.

If I set the service to delayed start, it won't start at all.

The logs show that the service takes minutes to start because it can't connect to the internet. I already tried changing the Windows firewall settings and even completely disabled the firewall --> no effect, same behaviour.

Any idea?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Can you post your logs please, use the log collector tool that should be on your desktop and post the resultant zip file file here.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, I think your issue is slightly different. The server tries to download some language info from thetvdb.com during startup, either it was unreachable or the request was causing a conflict with your (probably not fully initialized) network adapter, and the startup wasn't completed until this request timed out, causing the long delay.

I have reworked it to try and avoid any web requests during startup - can you install the build from here and see if it resolves your issue?
    EDIT: Changes are included in the 2.1.1 release, so try that and see if it resolves your issue.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a difference between the tinyurl-Build and the 2.1.1 Release?
    Probably not. Check any log file: the most recent version should show these entries at the top:

ApplicationCore: Version: 2.1.1707.10312
    ApplicationCore: Source: MP2.1.1_Final-f9acc7

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom